Best place to buy Excalibur in Michigan?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sam, just Sam...

Best place to buy Excalibur in Michigan?

Post by Sam, just Sam... »

Hey guys,
New to the forum, don't have an Excalibur yet, waiting on some funds, but sadly will be using my Barnett for this deer season. I am a young guy, but there is still something about seeing things in a store where I can feel it, and know what I'm getting as opposed to online.

I will probably buy my bow (Micro 335) through Wyvern (unless Amazon runs a killer deal or something), but I want to see some Excals beforehand, examine the differences, and also get a good bunch of arrows (quivers) and points. Does anyone have any recommendations on good archery or hunting stores in central Michigan? Thanks...
Titus 2:11-14, 2 Cor 5:11-21,
Micro, not much done to it, pretty awesome as is.
Sam
jd4223

Re: Best place to buy Excalibur in Michigan?

Post by jd4223 »

If you're any where close to Cabelas,they should have some on display.I ordered my Axiom from Cabelas' 3 years ago on line.Then I ordered another Axiom last year on line.Never had any problems.First bow was ordered without even seeing the bow or trying the bow first.Loved it so much,I bought a second one as a gift to a friend of mine.No complaints from him either(who would complain about a free Excalibur).A major box store may have a few display models.By the way I live in Michigan also,Detroit.Nearest Cabelas is in Dundee,approx 40 miles from me.
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

Try Jays in Clare
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Hey Sam, welcome aboard..

If you demo one, just make sure that the brace height is adjusted properly before shooting one, that way you get the proper feel of the bow and know what to expect when you do buy one.. On the Micro, there is an etched line in the rail. The string should be just behind the etched line on the trigger side of that line. As a general guide, the string should be sitting about 1/4" to 1/2" off the rubber string stops.. If the string is sitting on the rubbers or forward of the line, ask the salesperson to adjust the brace height for you..

Good luck..
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

The best place to buy a crossbow in Michigan is in Sardis, Ohio. Danny Miller of Horizontal Archery will hook you up better than any big box store can. Call 1 (740) 483-2312
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Dunham's Sports use their 30% coupon for the bow. I've seen the M335, M355 and the Grizzly. Sam I have a 30% off coupon good till the end of the month you could use. Where are you in MI??? It's an instore coupon only! You could put the bow in layaway and make payments?? Just a thought...
Last edited by Onetimeonly x--> on Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Sam, just Sam...

I live in Williamston. 30% off would be AMAZING! I think that would be better than I could find anywhere. There is a Dunhams right in Lansing near the Sec of State. Let me see if they sell the micro
Sam
Sam, just Sam...

GrassyKnoll wrote:Hey Sam, welcome aboard..

If you demo one, just make sure that the brace height is adjusted properly before shooting one, that way you get the proper feel of the bow and know what to expect when you do buy one.. On the Micro, there is an etched line in the rail. The string should be just behind the etched line on the trigger side of that line. As a general guide, the string should be sitting about 1/4" to 1/2" off the rubber string stops.. If the string is sitting on the rubbers or forward of the line, ask the salesperson to adjust the brace height for you..

Good luck..
Thanks for the welcome! I don't speak Excalibur, so I only understand about 50% of this. Brace Height doesn't make sense to me. Pics?
Sam
Onetimeonly x-->

They had a Micro 335 in Howell as of Monday. Your about 30 minutes from me let me know what your thinking and we'll see if we could make this happen.
Wabi Custom Calls
Godspeed!!
Scott
Sam, just Sam...

RexKay wrote:Try Jays in Clare
Checked them out online. I might head over there, but I was REALLY hoping for the Micro 335, I want a tighter bow. Thanks for the idea.
Sam
Sam, just Sam...

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:They had a Micro 335 in Howell as of Monday. Your about 30 minutes from me let me know what your thinking and we'll see if we could make this happen.
Dude, that would be amazing, yeah, I've been to Howell a few times. Let me call the Howell store. I would be free next weekend, the 27th is also free. Not sure what your sched is. It would be amazing to get it before season starts so I can get this 10 pointer I see around.
Sam
Sam, just Sam...

Called Howell store. They have 2! It's crazy, he said they are not even on display and they are not listed online, so not sure what's up with that. 30% off would put it at $650.00ish. I don't think I can beat that. The only bummer is that they are camo. I was REALLY hoping for the blackout model. I have seen a few things about dyeing a stock, but might not be worth it. What do you think? That's beating the bare bow from Wyverns by $125, and this is the whole set up.
Sam
Sam
bubba

Post by bubba »

racking up points wrote:The best place to buy a crossbow in Michigan is in Sardis, Ohio. Danny Miller of Horizontal Archery will hook you up better than any big box store can. Call 1 (740) 483-2312
X-2 on that for sure.. Danny Miller is the way to go, or David at Wyverns Creations..... They are experts in all things Excalibur. Some thing the big box stores can never match, Complete confidence and peace of mind. Davids # is 1-603-659-0575, For me the only way to go..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Onetimeonly x-->

Your call on the bow I'm out of town this weekend...work days back in Howell by 4PM mon-fri should be in town on your dates stated. The coupon is yours if you can make the $ happen?? I would see what their % down is needed for layaway and go from there or buy outright. All the other choices are there too. Part with the pieces you don't want, Danny and David are top notch I'm just offering you another option!
Last edited by Onetimeonly x--> on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wabi Custom Calls
Godspeed!!
Scott
Sam, just Sam...

bubba wrote:
racking up points wrote:The best place to buy a crossbow in Michigan is in Sardis, Ohio. Danny Miller of Horizontal Archery will hook you up better than any big box store can. Call 1 (740) 483-2312
X-2 on that for sure.. Danny Miller is the way to go, or David at Wyverns Creations..... They are experts in all things Excalibur. Some thing the big box stores can never match, Complete confidence and peace of mind. Davids # is 1-603-659-0575, For me the only way to go..
I've written David a few times, and I've heard Danny is amazing as well, but unless they can beat Dunhams, I'll buy the bow there. Then once I want to mod it, restring it, get new arrows, or have any other needs, I'll write Danny and David.
Sam
Sam