Nikon Bolt- No Speed Ring???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big Woods

Nikon Bolt- No Speed Ring???

Post by Big Woods »

I really like the Nikon Bolt but apparently it has no speed ring so I will probably pass on it. I cant understand why Nikon would make a xbow scope without a speed ring?? Any idea what the yardages would be for the fixed aiming points out of my M355 which I believe is shooting around 340 FPS?

Thanks!
xcaliber

Re: Nikon Bolt- No Speed Ring???

Post by xcaliber »

Bigwoods, knowing the speed is important, go to Nikon BDC on the web, and you can plug your numbers in. I'll post a picture tonight of mine. It really is a great scope once you get her dialed in.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bubba

Post by bubba »

xcaliber wrote:Bigwoods, knowing the speed is important, go to Nikon BDC on the web, and you can plug your numbers in. I'll post a picture tonight of mine. It really is a great scope once you get her dialed in.
X-2 once you know the speed of your bow, and you go to there website, You can figure your yardage markers, its an excellent chart and simple to use. And the Nikon Bolt is one sweet scope, in my humble opinion... Best bang for your buck....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I purchased one recently and the optics are better than my leupold , Best scope out there for the money in my opinion .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
bubba

Post by bubba »

8ptbuk wrote:I purchased one recently and the optics are better than my leupold , Best scope out there for the money in my opinion .
Man 8ptbuk... Can't believe it.. Some one actually agrees with me, Better optics than the crossbones. For me it wasn't even close, but you'll never get those crossbones guy's to see it. Because its a leupold .. They walk on water.. SMILE.. Opps bad humor...
Last edited by bubba on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Shoebuck

Post by Shoebuck »

X2 !!! on the Nikon Bolt. This is a great scope. I have two of them on my two Micros and the cross hair sighted in at 20 yds will put the first ring at 30 and the 2nd ring at 40 yds. I have not gotten around to checking the third ring, but it is going to be close to 55 yds. That is the only thing wrong with this scope. My Micros are shooting 320 to 325 with 400 grn BE Zombies, I really do not think you will have a problem going up a little and still keeping the 20 30 40 yardages.
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

I use my Equinox with a Nikon Bolt for hunting and this is what I did. I set the X-hairs for POI at 25 yards and use them for all shots out to 30 yards. I use the 1st circle for shots over 30 yards out to 40 yards and I don't shoot/hunt over 40 yards. This scope is accurate & rugged. My wife's 1st shot this year at approximately 27 yards.

Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Nice shooting! :wink:
My 355 is wet at 20 /30/ 43/ 55/ 61.

I have verified that the 43 is only 1" high at 40 yards, KILL. 1.5" at 50 yards, KILL.

You will like the scope for $159, cannot be beat in my opinion.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

the Nikon is very good glass. the Leupold Crossbones is the lowly Vx1 line of glass :lol: and similar. its ok to be loyal to a brand but if it has limitations and your loyalty wins out they call them fanboys. i like to try everything and its what i like that matters. my issue with the Nikon is those circles. they tend to get lost. try putting those circle reticles on a target that is all black or maybe bear hunting.circles get lost in the sauce.now the Leupold Firedot series is something i like.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

foofoo wrote:the Nikon is very good glass. the Leupold Crossbones is the lowly Vx1 line of glass :lol: and similar. its ok to be loyal to a brand but if it has limitations and your loyalty wins out they call them fanboys. i like to try everything and its what i like that matters. my issue with the Nikon is those circles. they tend to get lost. try putting those circle reticles on a target that is all black or maybe bear hunting.circles get lost in the sauce.now the Leupold Firedot series is something i like.
I do like my Leupold wrapped in Redfield Badging! :lol: :lol:
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I have both bones n bolt. For the money bolt is more value. Like em both.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Big Woods

Post by Big Woods »

I I wonder if they'll add a speed ring @ some point....
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

All those dots line up somewhere.....you just gotta figure out where. :P
bubba

Post by bubba »

No figuring necessary... Just have your bow chronographed . Go to the Website and there is all the info. Very simple..
strum

Post by strum »

flightattendant100 wrote:All those dots line up somewhere.....you just gotta figure out where. :P
I set my middle dot at 25 yards..dont even worry about the others in a hunting situation any thing from the bottom of my tree to 40 yards ill use it. now that said at 40 Ill hold a tad high but not much . and i dont usually take 40 yard shots any way :mrgreen:
as far as targets go . it only takes a few shots to get lined up. the beauty of these bows is they shot so dead on that your not chasing the POI .
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16