Missouri

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bikerbob24

Missouri

Post by bikerbob24 »

This may be old news but I just got the official word that Missouri will include crossbows in the 2116-17 archery season.....at last.... :D
Micro 335
Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
Axiom
Vixenmaster Flemish Strings
K-9 handler and trainer , K-9 Baily my partner for 7 years, we are now retired , spending our time hunting & fishing or just enjoying life.
vixenmaster

Re: Missouri

Post by vixenmaster »

Great news ain't it, they be drizzlin snot from all the cryin on Mo. Whitetail Forum, :lol: Dang near drowned from all the tears they have shed :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

100yr wait wow!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
bubba

Post by bubba »

Vixenmaster, I thought that you have already been hunting in Mo. with your crossbow? I didn't even know crossbow hunting was not included in archery season. You been taking all those deer with a compound? black powder, and center fire? I know this will be the second year for crossbows in Mississippi. Interesting....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
SEC-ond 2 none

Post by SEC-ond 2 none »

I have been hunting w/a crossbow for several years. Have to get my DR. to fill out a form, provided by MDC, stating physical disabilities. Sent form to MDC and i received a crossbow permit.

Happy Trails
Stephen
Matrix 380
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

bubba wrote:Vixenmaster, I thought that you have already been hunting in Mo. with your crossbow? I didn't even know crossbow hunting was not included in archery season. You been taking all those deer with a compound? black powder, and center fire? I know this will be the second year for crossbows in Mississippi. Interesting....
I am disabled & i get the 5 yr disabled permit. :(
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bubba

Post by bubba »

I see... Got ya...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
ds762

Post by ds762 »

It's not a 100% sure go yet.

I hunt on an exemption here in MO also.
M380 ---"Mjolnir"
Vendetta RF
BEE

>>>--------->
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

I'm old and disabled too ! Also have a permit for 5 years Hi there biker bob been wondering where you were at :D
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

I saw that update today also. It looks like they are heading in the right direction, we just need to keep the pressure on during the 30day comment period which runs in the month of October. From there it goes to a board for a final decision and we should be ready for next year.

I read through most of the comments they gathered earlier this year and I know there is a lot of strong opinions on both sides of this issue so I would encourage everyone to participate in the comment period so we can drive this issue home.

I love shooting my excal and excited about setting up a 4 generation family bow hunt next year. There is no way to do something like that within the current regulations (unless someone starts breaking some arms). As the MDC stated, the inclusion of crossbows will help to introduce more younger hunters to archery and allow older hunters to continue to enjoy bow hunting.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em