spare limbs 380/405

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MickB

spare limbs 380/405

Post by MickB »

Hi guys, some random questions. Do the 380 and 405 use the same limbs. From the perspective of a non US customer who might want to order some spare limbs to cover breakdowns , is this possible and what do they cost? I can't seem to find the information anywhere.

Re: spare limbs 380/405

Post by newbie »

Yes sir same limbs power stroke is different.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Here ya go. Right from the "Man" himself...

800-463-1817 ext# 204 for Dawn.

"If a current owner of one of our crossbows wants to buy a spare set of limbs as an insurance policy we can do that. We sometimes have blemished limbs that we can sell for less and would work perfectly as back ups. If anybody is interested please call Dawn or I and we will fix you up.

Peter"
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
MickB

Post by MickB »

Thanks folks that is good news! And yet another reason I like these forums is apart from the knowledge here you don't get your ass kicked asking newb questions :)
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

MickB wrote:Thanks folks that is good news! And yet another reason I like these forums is apart from the knowledge here you don't get your ass kicked asking newb questions :)
.... Nope MickB....we were all there at some point...we all have learned from each other and love to share...

....since you are now part of the Excalibur family why not complete your registration so we know where you hail from.... It also helps us to help you!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

MickB wrote:Thanks folks that is good news! And yet another reason I like these forums is apart from the knowledge here you don't get your ass kicked asking newb questions :)
.... Nope MickB....we were all there at some point...we all have learned from each other and love to share...

....since you are now part of the Excalibur family why not complete your registration so we know where you hail from.... It also helps us to help you!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

amythntr wrote:

MickB,
Welcome to the forum. Lots of ass kicking going on here. :lol: :lol: But it's usually just for fun. I guess you could say that Anthony just kicked your butt about filling out your profile. :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: That's about as bad as it gets. All jokes aside, we always like to know where are new friends are located. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
MickB

Post by MickB »

Thanks guys and profile updated. Not much to tell, I am from Atherton, Queensland Australia. Small towns in the rainforest we put the back in back country, backwards and throwback :D
bubba

Post by bubba »

Welcome to the forum.. From Australia.. The one place i've always dreamed of seeing. I feel lucky to have been in Europe the far east central America, and a few other place's but the land down under... Enough of my going on. Welcome..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
MickB

Post by MickB »

So if limbs are the same, regards releases of new and more powerful bows in the matrix line, it has not been about engineering more power in anyway apart from stretching the same limbs further???
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

MickB wrote:So if limbs are the same, regards releases of new and more powerful bows in the matrix line, it has not been about engineering more power in anyway apart from stretching the same limbs further???
Power stroke, (the distance the string travels from latch to brace), is what gives you an increase/decrease in speed. I don't see Excalibur releasing anything faster than 405 in the Matrix line, because the cocking effort would be Herculean, even though I'm sure the limbs could withstand a slightly longer pull.

Now the Micro series has a more stout limb and as such, they require less powerstroke but more draw weight to achieve the speeds of their Matrix brethren.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
MickB

Post by MickB »

interesting well this actually answered an older thread of mine when I asked about differences between 380 and 405 reliability. I got a lot of good advice over a couple pages but probably could have answered my own question if I knew they were all using the same limbs. Obviously a faster matrix bow will be putting the same limb under more stress.
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

On my fly in hunts I've always got a spare set of limbs, spare string and spare scope. Better safe than sorry. Never needed them yet but.....