Deer Hunting in ontario

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gregtsuperfly

Deer Hunting in ontario

Post by gregtsuperfly »

Okay I just moved back to ontario from saskatchewan. I got my temporary outdoors card. What do I need to get to hunt on my buddies property in Havelock this fall?
Axiom smf
Flemish string
S5s
Dissaptor bars
Easton black max
Excalibur Xact mechanicals
racking up points

Re: Deer Hunting in ontario

Post by racking up points »

A firearm/bow and a deer license! It'll entitle you to a buck in any WMU in the province. Costs about $55, order online or at an authorized dealer. If the Havelock WMU has a controlled hunt, (usually for shotgun or muzzleloader), you need to apply before Aug 31. A controlled hunt takes place during certain closures of the bow season and can potentially extend your firearms season if you're drawn. Good luck.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
gregtsuperfly

Post by gregtsuperfly »

racking up points wrote:A firearm/bow and a deer license! It'll entitle you to a buck in any WMU in the province. Costs about $55, order online or at an authorized dealer. If the Havelock WMU has a controlled hunt, (usually for shotgun or muzzleloader), you need to apply before Aug 31. A controlled hunt takes place during certain closures of the bow season and can potentially extend your firearms season if you're drawn. Good luck.

Cool so that's it? I can go to Canadian tire and buy a license for 55 dollars and then I can shoot a buck in Havelock?
Axiom smf
Flemish string
S5s
Dissaptor bars
Easton black max
Excalibur Xact mechanicals
jparchery

Post by jparchery »

Yes, Canadian tire sells dear seals, I don't think Havlok is a controlled area but check in your regulations book to make sure.