Slooowww 380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8ptbuk

Slooowww 380

Post by 8ptbuk »

My brothers 380 is 15 fps slower than mine ,Mine Shoots advertised speed . He's not a happy camper ! Would you be satisfied ? What advice would you give him ?
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
UPSMAN

Re: Slooowww 380

Post by UPSMAN »

Are you basing that speed on the speed ring setting or have you used a chrony on both bows? If both bows are set up identical, I'd guess some type of limb issue. I'm sure one of our experts will chime in shortly with an answer.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Livtahunt

Post by Livtahunt »

If we were both using the same string and same arrow I would call excalibur and get new limbs.
Brace heights, strings, arrow weights all the same? He have any vibration/slicensing pads on his limbs?
Exomax, Equinox, Matrix 380 and now a Scorpyd Aculeus
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Chronograph, We had 4 Excals shooting them this weekend checking speeds .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

to be honest this is my biggest issue with excal-- i have 2-- 380s one came with 92# limbs the other with 104# i still dont understand how they send 2 bows out and call them 380s not even close what happen to quality control?
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I can relate. I have a 380 that shoots around 365 stock. I'm still not sure if it bothers me enough to make the call
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Scott, He's in the same boat as you , Undecided on what to do .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

My Vortex was about 8 fps slow, it ticked me off at first since I bought it as an upgrade to my Ibex. I got over it, and it was a great bow! Personal choice to make. Good luck on your decision.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Livtahunt

Post by Livtahunt »

bob watkins wrote:to be honest this is my biggest issue with excal-- i have 2-- 380s one came with 92# limbs the other with 104# i still dont understand how they send 2 bows out and call them 380s not even close what happen to quality control?
How do you test the limbs to come yup with those numbers? Just curious. Going to run my 380 through a crono this weekend and would like to know how you a doing that.
Exomax, Equinox, Matrix 380 and now a Scorpyd Aculeus
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

8ptbuk tell you brother not to worry about the speed that much, the 15 fps will have very little difference in POI between yours. My 1st 380 shot close to the advertised speed but I didn't even worry about my 2nd one. If it bothers him too bad have him contact Danny Miller to see if he'll help him
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
bubba

Post by bubba »

Well 8pt, It would bother the hell out of me..I have seen what i call under achievers, achieves, and over achievers. Talking about a 380 shooting a 350 grain arrow at the advertised speed 380 f.p.s.. When my son first received his blackout 380 we tested it, he said to me i just hope i can get 374 or better. He got 375f.p.s. The point being.These limbs are no different they are all the same, ok you can believe that. I damn sure don't.. Sure you can mix and match them with any Matrix rail assembly... But they are not the same. I have people getting from 363 to 388 f.p.s. from there 380's. I wrote down over Fifty owners and there achieved speeds with a 350 grain arrow. And most of the owners were below the 380 mark... This was one of the reasons, not the only reason i went with the M 355. And by the way. The first thing i did when i received my bow was to shoot it through the chronograph with a 350 grain arrow.. 365 and 364 all day long. That adds up even for this simple redneck. A hot 355 shooting above the lowest 380's speeds.... In other words i'd not want a 365 bow when i paid for a 380.. My two nickels ...I'm not Canadian or an old timer with Excaliburs. These are my figures from someone who do'es a lot of research. Smile..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.... I can tell this thread will have some longevity... I also have a 380... I have only chrony'd it once and that was with a 410 g arrow ... I think I got 357fps ... I could be wrong... Can't wait to get home from vacation on Thursday and get out to the range with Mr. Chrony....

...,, the problem I have is that I have no problem with it...I don't shoot minimum weight arra's, I have modified my bow, I have killed deer with it.... I shoot 3D well with it.... End of story (for me)...

..... I understand the other side of the story...a sense of false advertising, a sense of the feeling; "he's got an umpaloompa and I want one too!"

..... To me, there are just too many variables... Also, whenever humans are entered into a process there will always be differences; both in the limb manufacturing process and the shooting process...

.....again, I have found Nirvana in my 380...hoping others can find their Nirvana also....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Thanks Guys for the advice , He's going to talk to Danny about it .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

this could get interesting!---have not shot mine thru the chrony but now ??--- guess I need to get r' done and be happy or sad ?
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Id rather have my micro be a little on the slow side rather than have it grenade. Or any model for that matter!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.