Grim Reaper Hybrids In My Micro Appear Promising

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

StormDragon

Grim Reaper Hybrids In My Micro Appear Promising

Post by StormDragon »

Im still on the fence about using them again, I had a screwy issue last year with my 355 when i shot a small doe with one but last night i decided to break them out and give them a whirl in my Micro.

Initial tests at 10 and 20 yards both freehand and off my tripod seemed promising.

Gonna get some more practice time in with them both at 10-20 and longer ranges from freehand, tripod and bi-pod shooting positions and see how things go POA to POI wise. As well as see if there is any planning that occurs (I think but am not certain that this is what happened with the doe I shot)

I even figured out how to band the two expandable blades on them so that might help them not open up or at least eliminate the possibility.

I know one thing, they are def tearing up my Rinehart 18-1 when they hit.

Ile post more results after i do more tests but keeping fingers crossed they just might join my X-Bow Razortips in the quiver for fall. :D
bloodtrail

Re: Grim Reaper Hybrids In My Micro Appear Promising

Post by bloodtrail »

Hey StormDragon,
Let us know how well they perform. I'm still new at this and am trying Grim Reapers myself. So far I'm getting good results.
Good luck
I'd rather be shooting my Excalibur.
Matrix 405
Twilight DLX scope
BEZombies/Tactical Tapps
Grim Reaper SS BH
StormDragon

Re: Grim Reaper Hybrids In My Micro Appear Promising

Post by StormDragon »

bloodtrail wrote:Hey StormDragon,
Let us know how well they perform. I'm still new at this and am trying Grim Reapers myself. So far I'm getting good results.
Good luck
I def will, but until I get a chance I'm using their 100 Gr X-Bow Razortips as my primary broadheads. So far they seem to be shooting great and just to make sure because of the Micro I'm banding them too.
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus