What have you found to be "as advertised?"

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bob1961

Re: What have you found to be "as advertised?"

Post by bob1961 »

amythntr wrote:
bob1961 wrote:i think advertised speed is with a certain weight arrow from said xbow....

.... I am not really after arrow comparisons... ... I am curious about what others have found where actual and advertised are one and the same...

Anthony :)
yes advertised speed with Excalibur crossbows are with a 350gr arrow....as with most if not all other brands, Excalibur just uses a 350gr arrow to get there advertised speed....
exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
bubba

Post by bubba »

bob1961 wrote:
amythntr wrote:
bob1961 wrote:i think advertised speed is with a certain weight arrow from said xbow....

.... I am not really after arrow comparisons... ... I am curious about what others have found where actual and advertised are one and the same...

Anthony :)
yes advertised speed with Excalibur crossbows are with a 350gr arrow....as with most if not all other brands, Excalibur just uses a 350gr arrow to get there advertised speed....

Bob ...I think you are still missing what was asked.. I believe your answer needs to be on the sloooow 380 thread.... Please now don't jump on me...Smile...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

nope did not miss anything, I was just stating that each and every crossbow made has an certain arrow weight that was used to get that stated advertised speed from for there ad's....plain and simple, you just need to use THAT arrow weight stated for YOUR xbow and shoot it to see if the speed for your xbow is matching what the company stated it is :wink: ....
exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
bubba

Post by bubba »

Ok...Bob whatever you say.......
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Southern Comfort

Post by Southern Comfort »

UPSMAN wrote:
Southern Comfort wrote:To answer your question Anthony one thing that comes to mind is my Tikka T3 in .308, they guarantee 1"or less. Best group at 100' is .28", worst group was .86" through 4 different factory ammo's(before i started reloading). Made be buy a another TIkka for my daughter in .243 with similar results, she averages right around .6"
SC, I've got one in 22-250 and it's a tack driving machine. The factory trigger was so good that it's the only rifle I own without a custom trigger. It's a coyote killing machine.

UPSMAN

Yes sir i couldn't agree you with you more, great accurate guns for a fair price and as you mentioned, great triggers.
Matrix 380 blackout
18" Zombies/92 gr. brass inserts
100 gr. Slick Trick Mag
18" Spinal Tapp's
170 gr F.O.C's
NChunter/BOO/ VixenMaster strings