Extra tags=extra funds

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Allan

Extra tags=extra funds

Post by Allan »

What will the MNR do with the funds generated by these exta deer tags? I believe there will be a couple of hundred thousand $.
Digger

Post by Digger »

A quick count of the number of extra tags up for sale will give them an extra million $.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

They should hire more CO's. Ontario is one heck of a big piece of real estate for 240-250 CO's to monitor.
Mighty Mooser

Post by Mighty Mooser »

I brought the issue up with one of their staff. I said your budget for the year was in place before extra tags were issued. I asked where is the extra tag money going? If you remember back to when the Harris Conservatives were in, they changed the laws regarding the funds from MNR stay within MNR and not go into general revenue for the Province. This is still the case, so I hope no Liberals see this extra million as our conservation projects for sure will take a hit.....
When you whack them you better stack them!!!
Allan

Post by Allan »

There might be a million $ of tags for sale, but I doubt all will sell. I have a copy of how many were being offered, and I will be comparing that the the amount sold come Nov. Then I can ask the MNR what they are doing with all our extra cash.
gth

Post by gth »

A bunch of areas are sold out as of tuesday.