excal grizzly

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

fredd

excal grizzly

Post by fredd »

just picked up a new grizzly. was wandering how people like it and what bolt combination works best.
TheBig1

Re: excal grizzly

Post by TheBig1 »

Fredd, I too just picked up a Grizzly on 8-20. I shot it extensively over the weekend and absolutely love it and all of the accessories that I put on it as far as silencers and such.

Although right now I'm using the provided Diablos, once they begin to run short I'll be ordering some custom made Zombie Slayers. A ton of people on here seem to really like them so that's what I'll be ordering next.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Congratulations, I'll chime in next year when I get one, by then, you'll tell me what you like. Let us know what you think of her!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
wabi

Post by wabi »

I don't have a Grizzly, but it looks like a sweet bow!
Congratulations on your acquisition.
wabi
fredd

Post by fredd »

sighted in at 20 and 30yrds .. 40 and 50yrds this weekend. put on a hawke xb1 scope. next to come adf, and reds,and to wrap the foot stirrup for quietness and last but not least a munch mount.
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

I have the Cub outfitted with a Matrix spec Flemish string from XcalDan,,,,I also have some Grizzly spec endless loop strings that Danny Miller sent me by surprise,,,I am shooting Gold Tip Laser Pro 11's cut down to 15.5" ,,100grain tips and Lumenocs,,,they fly great,,,,i think any arrow you put together is going to perform pretty much the same for all practical purposes until you get out to the longer yardages,,,the choice s are many,,,I like the Gold Tips,,,Good luck with the Grizz,,,your arrow choice,,,and in the woods the season :wink:
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I almost went for the Grizzly, but went to the 330 for my backup. I want one! :lol:
I have a good feeling about that model, think there are going to be some great hunting stories this fall from Cub, and Grizzly shooters. :wink:
Good luck fellas, crisp nights are near, and cool mornings are close behind! :D
Cibby

Post by Cibby »

Bought my Grizzly July 6. I've put a lot of arrows thru it sighted in from 20 to 50 yards with a Nikon Bolt scope. I'm using stock Diablo's right now got an extra 6 pack with bow. Shooting 125 grain field points and Spitfire 125 grain broadheads. Mine has been dry fired once and no damage was done.
fredd

Post by fredd »

Well have been shooting the Grizzly for a few days . Nice and lite and shoots 1 to 2'' groups out to 50yrds.Very pleased with the accuracy. I took the scope off and replaced it with a Hawke xb1. The speed dial is set at just a shade under 300. will try 60 to 70 yrds and see how it groups.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

My next Excalibur, keep testing! :wink:
fredd

Post by fredd »

LOL LOL Dan, actually testing it at those distances after lunch if the rain holds off.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

It's raining here too. I had big plans too, but now it's time to go change the lights in my Wife's CX7, again! I don't know how they do it, but both went out within one day! :shock: It is going on 4 years old, second set of lights! :evil: My Frontier ate them up too, but not this bad.

Have fun Fred.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

So a Grizzly is a Matrix with a shorter Power stroke ? Same width as other Matrix bows ?
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
bubba

Post by bubba »

Yep , have fun Fred, Must say i like the progress you and your Grizzly have made. Sounds like to me you have built a nice bow, with much better up grades. That XB-1 is a nice little scope. And the groups you mentioned are sweet and tight. Happy slinging to ya...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I shoot the executioners with my Matrix 310 and they are very accurate. For hunting purposes the diablo or executioner arrows will work fine. If you want custom arrows, check with a couple people on this site and see if custom executioners might be a better fit for your Grizzly ;)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup: