So...My Right Limb Went Tonight While Cocking It To Shoot

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

StormDragon

So...My Right Limb Went Tonight While Cocking It To Shoot

Post by StormDragon »

So while practice shooting tonight my right limb went with a loud splintered delaminated crack! while cocking it.

From the riser where it connects at the fasteners all the way up the center top and bottom to the very tip where the string loop goes. Splintered, chipped, delaminated and just plain messed up.

The good thing is that at least I wasn't shooting it when it let loose. That and hunting season is Oct 3rd so..

I already called my local shop that I go to/bought the bow from and ile be bringing it up there first thing tom morning.

And I was just getting the hang of prone shooting with her too. Ugh!!
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
xcaliber

Re: So...My Right Limb Went Tonight While Cocking It To Shoo

Post by xcaliber »

I hate issues popping up when the season draws near, hope you get it all back in short order!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

xcaliber wrote:I hate issues popping up when the season draws near, hope you get it all back in short order!
Yeah me too but at least it didn't happen during the season. Trying to put a positive spin on it :roll:

Elite Synergy; Krampus
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

You have time, and I'm sure you'll get it fixed up quickly.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Foxinthehenhaus

Post by Foxinthehenhaus »

Ouch. :shock:

Hope you get a quick turnaround to resolve your issue.
Would think there is enough time between now and the October 3rd start.
Good Luck

Hopefully your bowshop will just make an direct exchange for another Micro they hopefully have on hand ready to go. .
"Knock on Wooding" sometimes is just not enough I guess! :wink:
Last edited by Foxinthehenhaus on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Big Woods

Post by Big Woods »

I noticed a crack in mine tonight too right at the ridge before the string grooves and a white halo all the way around the limb there with several small cracks...

Post by newbie »

Big Woods wrote:I noticed a crack in mine tonight too right at the ridge before the string grooves and a white halo all the way around the limb there with several small cracks...
Are you talking right at the limb side of the tip where it's glued onto the limb?
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Big Woods

Post by Big Woods »

Newbie yes I am talking there
Tom

Post by Tom »

You might have a faster turn around if you use the Excalibur service option from the main page. This eliminates the step of the retailer. It also leaves control in your hands of when it gets shipped back (not when your retailer gets around too it).
Big Woods wrote:I noticed a crack in mine tonight too right at the ridge before the string grooves and a white halo all the way around the limb there with several small cracks...
Can you post a pic of this.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

StormDragon wrote:
xcaliber wrote:I hate issues popping up when the season draws near, hope you get it all back in short order!
Yeah me too but at least it didn't happen during the season. Trying to put a positive spin on it :roll:
Much better now instead of during the rut ! Hope you get it going quick !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Tom wrote:You might have a faster turn around if you use the Excalibur service option from the main page. This eliminates the step of the retailer. It also leaves control in your hands of when it gets shipped back (not when your retailer gets around too it).

Tom
Unfortunately I have some heavy duty family stuff going on right now so taking it up to my local shop is going to be the best option for me right now to get it squared away. They are good people so unless something unforseen happens that prevents them from doing something it may take a little more time to get it back but it will get done

Elite Synergy; Krampus
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Foxinthehenhaus wrote:Ouch. :shock:

Hope you get a quick turnaround to resolve your issue.
Would think there is enough time between now and the October 3rd start.
Good Luck

Hopefully your bowshop will just make an direct exchange for another Micro they hopefully have on hand ready to go. .
"Knock on Wooding" sometimes is just not enough I guess! :wink:
Thanks and I doubt it only because they special ordered mine for me while they were waiting for their shipment to come in and last time I was up there the Micros hadn't come in yet.

Not only that, but :) I know my Micros personality and put alot of myself into her through different things so unless something completely catastrophic happened ile just wait for her to get fixed

Elite Synergy; Krampus

Post by newbie »

Big Woods wrote:Newbie yes I am talking there
Sounds like excess epoxy that squeezed out and the finish didn't stick or came off. Unless the tip is coming off i wouldnt worry much. Mines cracked a little there as well.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

newbie wrote:
Sounds like excess epoxy that squeezed out and the finish didn't stick or came off. Unless the tip is coming off i wouldnt worry much. Mines cracked a little there as well.
Yes, it is just the epoxy cracking. One of my limbs has looked like that for a few months now and it is only cosmetic - nothing to worry about :wink:
I gotta admit though that I did panic at first until I talked to Peter about it :mrgreen:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Big Woods

Post by Big Woods »

BrotherRon wrote:
newbie wrote:
Yes, it is just the epoxy cracking. One of my limbs has looked like that for a few months now and it is only cosmetic - nothing to worry about :wink:
I gotta admit though that I did panic at first until I talked to Peter about it :mrgreen:

In addition to the cracks where the tip meets the limb and the white halo completely around the limb at the junction of the two, there is also a crack running toward the limb tip. They are small and maybe only cosmetic, but it shouldn't look like it does and it didn't look like that a few days ago. The left limb is perfect. I'm going to send it in.