confused micro bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

erfishman

confused micro bolts

Post by erfishman »

Thanks for all the info from other posts,like I said I am a new micro owner
(new to crossbows period) I have not shot the micro yet due to back issues.I need to purchase some bolts.What setup would you guys recommend?
Bunt

Re: confused micro bolts

Post by Bunt »

I'm shooting the 18" Diablo bolts from my micro, I have shot the 20" firebolts and the 16" quills as well. All shoot accurate. I am going to try the zombie slayers when I can get my hands on some.
Bunt

Post by Bunt »

I have tried the 125gr field points and the 150's, I feel the 150's are more consistent.
bobcat

Post by bobcat »

im shooting stock quills with 125 gr heads. i tried 100 gr and 150 but kept getting better groups with the 125.

with everything stock and the 125 gr heads im shooting 329 fps. thats 90 fp of ke.
Sam, just Sam...

Post by Sam, just Sam... »

I feel like I've suggested this before but I bought 12 quills from Wyvern Creations, I am happier than a pig in poop. They take 100g tips, and I've been shooting Muzzy's. I can't fathom how accurate they are. Freehand at 40 yards I am hitting in the middle of the middle of the middle... You get the picture.

http://www.wyverncreations.com/index.ph ... e456487923

Take a look, David is a rock star too, usually if I write him I get a response in 1/2 hour or less...
Titus 2:11-14, 2 Cor 5:11-21,
Micro, not much done to it, pretty awesome as is.
Sam
Chefrific

Post by Chefrific »

I for one was not satisfied with the quills. Yes they are somewhat accurate. But I just wasn't getting the same level of pinpoint accuracy I have come to expect from an Excalibur. My old vortex with firebolts was outshooting my micro hands down. I ordered some custom black eagle zombies from Jerry at South Shore and now my micro is the most accurate weapon in my arsenal. One inch or less groups at 40 and 50 yards accurate. So did a quality custom bolt make a difference in my micro? Dang Skippy it did.
-2019 Assassin 420
-2015 Micro 335 RTX
-2013 Vortex
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....erfisherman...Welcome aboard....I am sure every member has his/her own recipe for an arra and BH...honestly, you have to settle in on what you find works with your rig and within your financial means...there are members on this forum that shoot a 100% stock bow along with the stock arras and love it and laugh at the rest of us tinkerers....

....just make sure your arra combination DOES NOT drop below the 350g minimum (most prefer 375-400g range)...

....now if you are looking out to lighten up your wallet, you have come to the right place as we can surely help you with everything you just MUST HAVE :shock: :lol: ....in fact some of us have fine tuned our skills to the point that after we are done with you, you will have spent more on accessorizing (we call it upgrading :shock: ) than your original bow cost....yes, we are that good! :lol:

....most of all have fun...by the way, why not take a couple of minutes and complete your registration and enter where you hail from...it helps us to help you!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
erfishman

broadheads

Post by erfishman »

Has anyone shot the drt heads,they are a great head from my compound they come single or double bevel 100 gr with 25 gr collar
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

dirt heads are to weake for me want to try a tough head try a helix i have about 80 shots on this head still spins true flys great it has a 40% belvel on it rotates like crazy