flemish string scope issues?????????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gregtsuperfly

flemish string scope issues?????????

Post by gregtsuperfly »

Okay I just bought and installed a flemish string on my axiom. At twenty yards my scope is dead nuts! When I moved to thirty I was shooting a little high and then at 40 I'm missing my target completely. Now I think because the bow is a little faster that's why the thirty and forty yard reticles are off. What's a guy do in this situation?? BTW I'm shooting firebolts with 150 grain field points.
Axiom smf
Flemish string
S5s
Dissaptor bars
Easton black max
Excalibur Xact mechanicals
Riflemanz

Re: flemish string scope issues?????????

Post by Riflemanz »

Check all screws on scope and base.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

What scope do you have? If it is an excalibur scope just give the speed ring a little twist until it matches your arrow speed. If it is sighted in good at 20, then shoot a few shots at 40 yards and keep adjusting it until is is dead on, then move out a little farther for fine tuning.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
gregtsuperfly

Post by gregtsuperfly »

BrotherRon wrote:What scope do you have? If it is an excalibur scope just give the speed ring a little twist until it matches your arrow speed. If it is sighted in good at 20, then shoot a few shots at 40 yards and keep adjusting it until is is dead on, then move out a little farther for fine tuning.

The scope is an smf scope it doesn't have the speed settings
Axiom smf
Flemish string
S5s
Dissaptor bars
Easton black max
gregtsuperfly

Post by gregtsuperfly »

Riflemanz wrote:Check all screws on scope and base.

Scope is tight! No problems there! I just think because the flemish string is faster the bow shoots higher. I'm a newbie at this so I'm not sure?
Axiom smf
Flemish string
S5s
Dissaptor bars
Easton black max
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Move out from 20 slowly. Adjust your scope dead on at 30, then aim 4" low at 40, adjust again. What you want to do is split up the difference, or choose what is most important for you hunting wise. The biggest difference will be at the longest distance.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I have never had a Flemish string increase my speed, and if I lose speed it 4 to 6 fps, I can put a string on my Micro or my Matrix from 3 different makers, and the factory endless loop with no change out to 30 and not enough to worry about at 40 yards. I have to think something else is causing your problem. I would put the string back on you had on it and see if it is still the same with the old string,,,, this is not right!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

gregtsuperfly wrote:
BrotherRon wrote:What scope do you have? If it is an excalibur scope just give the speed ring a little twist until it matches your arrow speed. If it is sighted in good at 20, then shoot a few shots at 40 yards and keep adjusting it until is is dead on, then move out a little farther for fine tuning.

I didn't know Excal made a scope that didn't have a speed ring ???
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
gregtsuperfly

Post by gregtsuperfly »

8ptbuk wrote:
gregtsuperfly wrote:

I didn't know Excal made a scope that didn't have a speed ring ???

The smf scope that came with my axiom has no speed setting the axiom is one of the cheaper models but I'm thinking I should upgrade my scope possibly?
Axiom smf
Flemish string
S5s
Dissaptor bars
Easton black max
gregtsuperfly

Post by gregtsuperfly »

wildcatter wrote:I have never had a Flemish string increase my speed, and if I lose speed it 4 to 6 fps, I can put a string on my Micro or my Matrix from 3 different makers, and the factory endless loop with no change out to 30 and not enough to worry about at 40 yards. I have to think something else is causing your problem. I would put the string back on you had on it and see if it is still the same with the old string,,,, this is not right!
I will definitely try to put the old excel string back on tomorrow and see what happens. The string does in fact speed up the bow the rated speed for the bow is 305 fps. The stock string and 150 grain field points don't go the advertised speed. It's says on this website that the speed advertised is accomplished with lighter arrow weight and the flemish string. So I have to assume that the bow is faster
Axiom smf
Flemish string
S5s
Dissaptor bars
Easton black max
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

You can gain up to 15 FPS swapping out the Dacron String that comes standard on the Axiom with a FFF string. I would get a scope that works for your hunting preferences. That is one thing critical in every aspect of the hunt, a bunk scope is a wounded animal most likely not recovered.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

What name is on yer scope? No fps ring but has xhair wid chevrons in it ? So what do yer arrows weigh? The optional Flemish string Fast Flite is what they get the 305 fps. A light arrow weight n Flemish string is where the speed comes from
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
gregtsuperfly

Post by gregtsuperfly »

vixenmaster wrote:What name is on yer scope? No fps ring but has xhair wid chevrons in it ? So what do yer arrows weigh? The optional Flemish string Fast Flite is what they get the 305 fps. A light arrow weight n Flemish string is where the speed comes from

The scope has nothing on it except for the excalibur logo on the back side an 2.5x32 on the front side. I'm shooting excalibur firebolts which weigh around 285 grains (approx) with 150 grain field points. With the excel string my scope was dead on even at 50 yards but now with the new string I'm shooting dead nuts at twenty but when I move out to 30 I'm about an inch too high and at forty I'm about 3-4 inches too high
Axiom smf
Flemish string
S5s
Dissaptor bars
Easton black max
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Yep, the ad say a Multiplex scope, it is probably a 3X fixed. Check your instructions, there should be a basis for the calculated speed / arrow weight for that scope to have the chevrons all line up closely.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I too recently got a new Axiom with the scope you descride.. mine also had issues.. I contacted Danny Miller and Excal. warrantied it ... I ended up sending Danny $30 to cover the up-grade to a Vari-zone with the speed-ring cronoed mine, set the speed ring at 301fps. and have found it "Good to Go" :wink:

BTW your arrow weight seemed a bit low ??? I just weighed a 20" firebolt with 150 gn field tip and my total was 423 grains. :?: my Axiom gets 287 fps with a performance string at with that exact set up. I chose to go the 100 gn route with a total of 375 gns and 301 fps

Gene
Last edited by L. E. Carroll on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier