tree stand height my lowboy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

tree stand height my lowboy

Post by longbow joe »

I normally like 12 to 15 feet but fifteen years ago i put up this ladder stand i got at a yard sale it was missing the bottom section it was ptobably only 9 feet up
At best. Anyway i wire tied bushes n stuff to it for cover . In the fifteen years its there i killed nine 145 inch or better bucks from it. For some odd reason it seems like your invisable to the deer in this particular stand. I just replaced it today and i went to great " lengths" 9 feet to be exact to make it look exactly like the other one. I trashed the bottom section. I just think its funny how you get busted 15 feet up on some of my stands and yet have this thing going on in what my huntig buddies call the lowboy they dont make fun of it anymore. So if your a littile shy of heights maby you only need a well camoed low boy of your own .
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Re: tree stand height my lowboy

Post by xcaliber »

I use a climber mostly, and early on you don't need a lot of height if you play the wind right. I like to hunt around 25' up in the edges of thick stuff so i have a larger view of the area. I generally pick a trees where I can above branches from neighboring trees, and blend into them, it works well for me. I have a good buddy that hunts just like you, brushed in stands about 10' high, and he fills his tags evry year.

Good luck Longbow Joe!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
lswoody

Post by lswoody »

longbow joe wrote:I normally like 12 to 15 feet but fifteen years ago i put up this ladder stand i got at a yard sale it was missing the bottom section it was ptobably only 9 feet up
At best. Anyway i wire tied bushes n stuff to it for cover . In the fifteen years its there i killed nine 145 inch or better bucks from it. For some odd reason it seems like your invisable to the deer in this particular stand. I just replaced it today and i went to great " lengths" 9 feet to be exact to make it look exactly like the other one. I trashed the bottom section. I just think its funny how you get busted 15 feet up on some of my stands and yet have this thing going on in what my huntig buddies call the lowboy they dont make fun of it anymore. So if your a littile shy of heights maby you only need a well camoed low boy of your own .
Could you post some pics?? I'd like to see how you got it set up.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I like to be up at 20-22' above the deer. I always get busted at 15'.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

I never use the last section in my ladder stands.So probably always about 10 ft or so.Deer walk right by and under me. :) Move slowly when you look around or you see a deer close.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Heck with the stand ! I want to see a picture of them 9 deer from PA!
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Masboy wrote:Heck with the stand ! I want to see a picture of them 9 deer from PA!
X2 !!!
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I will post pics. Soon actually having trouble posting . Anthony had some instructions the other day. My little geek is at collage. Im computer backward be patient
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

A deer shot from the lowboy
Image[/URL]
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Nice! Big old boy for sure!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

LBJ, NICE! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!