wow, things have changed.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pasidewinder

wow, things have changed.

Post by Pasidewinder »

Ok, so I'm sitting here at the house bored out of my mind and decided to jump on here. I have been surfing all of the forum pages from clear back in 2004.

It's pretty cool to read all the old posts on what's "new", there's not much written at all about carbon arrows, nothing about expandable broadheads, and one that cracked me up was a post about " anyone know of a anti- dryfire device that will work on a Excalibur crossbow", the only reply was - " the only dryfire device availible is common sense"!

It is really neat to sit here for an hour and actually watch the progression of crossbows over the last 11-12 years. I've been hunting with a verticle bow for 25 years and sometimes I just gotta laugh at some of the stuff I considdered "technological" breakthroughs over the years, and all of the great equipment we have now.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: wow, things have changed.

Post by Doe Master »

They still haven`t found a cure for the occasional loose nut (ie ME ) behind the trigger . :shock: :lol:
As for the changes . Hard to believe 20 years ago we thought 300 fps would never be reached . :)
Last edited by Doe Master on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

N the bottom line is that Excal still makes the best Recurve available to hunt n shoot wid fer over 30 yrs! :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Fletch2

Post by Fletch2 »

Amen vicks :D
2012 vortex
vixenmaster string
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Yes indeed, and here we are all these years later, and I can only think of one other company who knows where and how a safety should be placed and work. Not a big deal to some, but one of the most important things on my hunting bow, where I can access it without movement, and work it totally silent.

I just find it funny,,,, something so important to me,,,, but something you hear so little about...
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Pasidewinder

Post by Pasidewinder »

Some friends and I were talking about these things the other day. I can remember leaving the house to hunt with nothing more than a knife, flashlight, and my bow. Then I moved up to useing a fanny pack ( back when they were cool) then to a small pack, and now I carry a back pack.

I carry more stuff than I prbly ever need but it gives me peace of mind I guess. Ezra knife, several screw in gear hangers, range finder, small binos, extra flashlight, extra batteries, several calls ( grunt tube , bleat can ) small first aid kit, toilet paper, cover scent, deer drag ect.

I prbly carry as much stuff with me now as a fellow did on a three day pack in elk hunt back in the eighties!! I'm sure not everyone is like me, but I am sure some of you are. There are many things that we feel we just gotta have I guess.