easton autmn orange arrows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

easton autmn orange arrows

Post by longbow joe »

I was up in the attic today and i ran across this big band of "kill shot saved arrows" among the savora and orange wasp and rockey mountain 3 blades was a lone xx75 autmn orange shaft with the " xx75" camo brothers i remember we used to use blue layout dye from a machinest friend to self camo them that was a great time. I still read bob kirsheners art of bow hunting that was before the video tv hunting sell u this n that tv shows. the 80,s were awsome time to bowhunt!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Waif

Re: easton autmn orange arrows

Post by Waif »

I was on a very strict budget in the eighties.
A half dozen bought a couple times, but I had me some xx75"s though. :D
They were impressive after breaking so many cedar arrows in the sixties and glass shattering and weaker aluminum's bending in the seventies. :lol:
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

At that time, I was just "learning" to shoot "that contraption with wheels and cables" as my Pap used to say... If I had a dollar for everyone of those Easton arrows that I buried and never to be found again, I would be rich, lol... :oops: :lol: Those were the good ol' days...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

Been using the xx75s forever, will continue till i can't find any more.
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

LOL After reading your post I went to the basement and found an old box of arrows I once used. Six Autumn Orange shafts and do you remember the green Gamegetter shafts? I have 8-10 of those as well along with some Bear cedar with feather fletchings. Three Bear 145 gr Razorheads. Yes even some Savora three blade heads and spare blades. Those were the days I started deer hunting at the age of twelve with my Bear 48 lb Grizzly recurve if I recall it may have been a Bear Kodiak can't remember... That was 1964. Times have certainly changed.
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Yea michigan you even older than me i bet you have some stories to tell!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Mtn Jack

Post by Mtn Jack »

Hey I have autum Orange xx75s in my line up for this season, left over from my fita days. Wonder if they will ever make them again?
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Man ya guys are a killing me as them Easton Autmn Orange arrows sure were the arrows to hunt with back in yrs past. I got a bunch of oldie but goodie Easton Orange shafts gonna cut down to make me some more Crossbow arrows out of them. Them arrows sure did bring back some great times and memories of days gone bye..... :D :D :D