Coming to Montreal next week what too see and do?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Book

Coming to Montreal next week what too see and do?

Post by Book »

I will be in Montreal next week Mon-Fri with my wife on a business trip. This will be my first trip into Canada. What are some things that would be good to see and do? Thanks Book
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Go up to the lookout on Mount Royal(free), the Olympic Stadium (up the tower), the Biodome, Insectarium, jetboating the Lachine Rapids, the old Port, see Old Montreal in a caleche rides (horse and buggy), relax at Beaver Lake park on the mountain, many restaurants (have a smoke meat at Ben's, Chenoy's, etc.)...and on and on...

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2 ... gs_to_do-i

Have fun!
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
maple

Post by maple »

Woodsman, Book,

I'd say smoked meat at Schwartz's.

The other stuff sounds good. If you and your wife like nature stuff, the Biodome and Insectarium are great.

Maple
Allan

Post by Allan »

Book,
Treat yourself to some eye candy on Cresent Street between DeMaisonneuve and St. Catherines, most evenings/nights, but especially Friday and Saturady nights.
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Bring along dark shades, so your wife doesn't see your stares at the Montreal beauties! :lol:

I have to agree with maple, Schwartz's is world reknown for the best smoke meat around.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.

Post by Guest »

Stop by Club Chez Paree (1258 Rue Stanley at Ste Catherine) for a beer or two while the wife is doing some shopping. :wink: :lol:
A.W

Post by A.W »

Carl from Vermont wrote:Stop by Club Chez Paree (1258 Rue Stanley at Ste Catherine) for a beer or two while the wife is doing some shopping. :wink: :lol:
Carl. Just wondering how you know about this place? :oops: :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.

Post by Guest »

Hey A.W,

Well,..it's a nice place to have a few brews before taking the short walk to the Belle Centre for a hockey game. :wink: Or so I've been told. :roll:
Plus it's only about a 70 minute drive to Montreal from here. :lol:
Vince (not logged in)

Post by Vince (not logged in) »

Hey Book,

Ristorante MIRRA in the Village of Pointe Claire.
252 Bord-du-Lac (Lakeshore Blvd).
514-695-6222

Ask for Nick Lenti.
Tell him, Vince (from Sony-Ottawa) recommended his restaurant, i'm sure he'll take real good care of you and the wife.

If you and your wife LOVE italian food, this is the place.
Although Montreal is pretty friendly and people bend over backwards to accomodate English speaking visitors, Pointe Claire is an English speaking community.
If you're into live BLUE's music, cigars n scotch, take a short walk down the Blvd.
Ontario Bow Hunter

Post by Ontario Bow Hunter »

Go up to the lookout on Mount Royal(free),
I'd say smoked meat at Schwartz's
These are two excellent suggestions!
Bring along dark shades, so your wife doesn't see your stares at the Montreal beauties!
But this one is the best advice,... careful driving! :wink: