Bushnell Rangr Finders

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Bushnell Rangr Finders

Post by vixenmaster »

I have never owned one, so this is where those wid exp. knowed the in's n outs on them. Whats the diff in the 450-550- Bone Collector n Primo's Truth. I am goin to have to purchase one sooner than later
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Buddyshort

Re: Bushnell Rangr Finders

Post by Buddyshort »

I had a 550 sport and it worked great. I first bought a nikon then took it back because it was 6x and too much magnification for me. The 550 was 4x and perfect for close ranging. A friend of mine had a 450 which was a bigger unit and not quite as compact or sleek as the 550. I use a cheap simmons now after i lost my bushnell but it does fine for bowhunting
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Don't personally know about the models you are referring to.

My first was a Bushnell 850 PRO. Worked (and still does btw) very well for both bow and rifle hunting. I still carry it as a back-up.

Since gone to the Bushnell G Force 1300 ARC. Wanted the ARC program for both the bow and rifle, and the extended range for the latter.

Never had an issue with either of them, and I am damn tough on my equipment!

Would not hesitate to recommend Bushnell products as a consequence.

Good Luck with your decision!

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

The 450 is a good all around unit, had one for 8 years, or so. I gave it to the apprentice, and picked up a 550. Both work in to 5 yards, and are very accurate out to 150 yards that I can testify to. Simple operation, and pretty sturdy for the price. The 450 is a horizontal unit, the 550 is vertical, not much difference besides the way it sits in your hand.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
BeatleBailey

Post by BeatleBailey »

I bought the Bushnell Truth rangefinder for this season so no real field testing till September 26 but I have messed with it some at home ranging trees, cars, my kids. And it seems to work well. It stays in bow mode out to 200 yards. Past that it automatically goes to rifle mode. In bow mode it gives you 2 different yardages. The first is if I'm remembering correctly is actual yardage the next it the yardage you should shoot at. At 20 feet up and in the hills it makes a difference. That's were the ARC deal comes into play and that's why I got it. Think I payed 166.00 for it so not to bad I guess. Good luck with whatever you get and I look forward to hearing how it works for you.
Excalibur Matrix 380 Blackout
JB'STAXIDERMY

Post by JB'STAXIDERMY »

I have the bushnell chuck adams edition and it works fine the only problem i have is it giving me a reading on black targets so i would do some research and make sure it will pick up black targets also are u planning on hunting from an elevated position,or in mountainous country if so make sure u get one with the arc .... its the angle compensation and will make a big difference in steep terrain it is a MUST if u hunt on steep hillsides . But if u are going to hunt flat land and never hunt the mountains go for the regular bushnell and save u some money ..... and also i would consider the size of the range finder too i like for mine to fit in my shirt pocket so i can take it out and get a quick range of my target hope this helps you some goodluck
Equinox
Hawke xb30 pro
Boo Trigger job
Firebolts
Slick Tricks
Vixenmaster string
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I've had the 450 for 8/10 years and works great but on the large size , Picked up a Leupold 1000i last year and love it , fits in your shirt pocket !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Big John

Post by Big John »

I've used many varieties of Rangefinders.
Currently I am using the "Truth W/ARC"
The one you are thinking of. Very good.
I only hunt from trees. And I only hunt from high up. Gives perfect readings from any angle and corrected yardage. I would recommend it to anyone. No issues with this unit. And priced right.

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Big John wrote:I've used many varieties of Rangefinders.
Currently I am using the "Truth W/ARC"
The one you are thinking of. Very good.
I only hunt from trees. And I only hunt from high up. Gives perfect readings from any angle and corrected yardage. I would recommend it to anyone. No issues with this unit. And priced right.

Big John
I also have the Primos Truth with the arc. I wouldn't get a rangefinder without the arc. I'm happy with it but have found it to be a little finicky in extremely low light. Unless you go to a super high priced model they all act this way.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

I've also had 450 for at least 10 years(maybe longer). Bought when first came out, and have used it nonstop without any issues. It will range deer accurately to 200 yards pretty easily on the first attempt but it gets tricky holding steady at longer distances unless you have something to lean against like a tree. The longest deer I've ranged was 250yds and it took a couple tries. I highly doubt you could actually range a deer at 450 yds with it, but then again I also doubt that most other range finders can reliably range deer at advertised ranges as well.
For a Bowhunting unit, I personally like it better than the new ones and thus why I haven't upgraded it...
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1