Onestringer.com Arra Wraps-Shoutout!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Onestringer.com Arra Wraps-Shoutout!

Post by amythntr »

....got my first batch of Onestringer.com arra wraps on Tuesday. Storm Dragon (George) talked me into buying a second batch of spider webs wraps to go with the orange :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...they look mighty fine and may I say reasonably priced with a super fast turn around time...ZS and BEE's require the 1.125" width...

....I want to say thanks big time to Onestringer as you now have a new customer and to flightattendant100 (Paul) my "twisted" brother from Texas (yeeee haaaa!) and GrassyKnowll (Ed) for passing along their name on the forum...much appreciated and another reason as to what makes this forum so great!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
CrazyAce

Re: Onestringer.com Arra Wraps-Shoutout!

Post by CrazyAce »

amythntr wrote:....got my first batch of Onestringer.com arra wraps on Tuesday. Storm Dragon (George) talked me into buying a second batch of spider webs wraps to go with the orange :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...they look mighty fine and may I say reasonably priced with a super fast turn around time...ZS and BEE's require the 1.125" width...

....I want to say thanks big time to Onestringer as you now have a new customer and to flightattendant100 (Paul) my "twisted" brother from Texas (yeeee haaaa!) and GrassyKnowll (Ed) for passing along their name on the forum...much appreciated and another reason as to what makes this forum so great!

Thanks for the 411 Anthony, I was wondering what size to order and was waiting for the XZS to come in. :P
-SnotRocket-
Matrix 405
DLX scope
TriggerTech 2.5#
DrStirrup rig
8ptbuk, vixenmaster, Boo Flemish String
Zombie Slayer, Executioner
Wabi Call
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

CrazyAce wrote:
amythntr wrote:....got my first batch of Onestringer.com arra wraps on Tuesday. Storm Dragon (George) talked me into buying a second batch of spider webs wraps to go with the orange :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...they look mighty fine and may I say reasonably priced with a super fast turn around time...ZS and BEE's require the 1.125" width...

Thanks for the 411 Anthony, I was wondering what size to order and was waiting for the XZS to come in. :P
....I also use the 6" for my 18" arras but probably will go down to 5" when I reorder for my 15-16.5" ones...or keep them at 6" and cut off an inch and make some bands with different color schemes...

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Thanks for the plug! I too ordered from them, and they DELIVERED! Very pleased with the prices, selection, and delivery time. I made a mistake on my order, they emailed me the next day saying they would not proceed until I agreed on the order, or they would refund my $$. We worked it out, and I'm very happy with them.
Here are a couple pics. One shows both designs I ordered, The Canadian Flag is for one of my dear friends up north there hey! The other ones are my afternoon hunt wraps. I'm doing 4 for me, and have 8 left for some custom order. I turned all the lights off on the reflective wraps, they are totally awesome! :wink: It will be a few days before I get mine done, but I'll post pics. of the finished Zombies!

[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... w.jpg.html]Image

[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... v.jpg.html]Image
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Just a heads up too on them, they typically send you two extra wraps even if you only order a dozen..

Just reordered a dozen Flo Orange Zombie wraps....
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Yep, two extra on the Flag, 4 on the Zombies! Again, thanks to the person that mentioned them here! :wink:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Finally got around to making 4 for my afternoon hunts! Onestringer has another happy customer! :wink: I tried to show how the reflective wraps light up, hope you get the gist from the pics. These should be real easy to find, even if they are coated with blood! 8)
[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... z.jpg.html]Image

[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... o.jpg.html]Image

[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... l.jpg.html]Image

[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... x.jpg.html]Image
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

They look good :) :)
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
Mtn Jack

Post by Mtn Jack »

Guys how are these put on? Are they ok on metal shafts? I fletch my own is there a special glue? Feel like a new guy with all the ??? Never used wraps before. Thanks Mtn Jack
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Mtn Jack wrote:Guys how are these put on? Are they ok on metal shafts? I fletch my own is there a special glue? Feel like a new guy with all the ??? Never used wraps before. Thanks Mtn Jack
....if you are referring to aluminum shafts there should be no problem with the adhesive on the wrap...if you are concerned contact them...I would be more concerned that you get the right size and length...again you might want to discuss with them or someone else can chirp in...

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

When you damage one vane and need to replace it are you peeling the entire wrap and vanes? I had a couple dozen with wraps and found this to be an issue. I also found that with regular shooting and arrows burying to the fletching the wraps start to wear. Have y'all found this as well?

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have done them on aluminum in the past, you just have to make sure they are clean. As for width, you need to multiply your exact shaft diameter by 3.1416 to get the circumference, and round up! Yes, you will get a little overlap, but that is fine. As for the length, that depends on your overall arrow length, and the vanes you wish to use. They offer this option called double dog. It is a clear wrap the goes on over the decorative to keep it from getting scuffed up. Also, you can get reflective, which I did on the Zombie's. Like Anthony said, contact them, they make it real easy, and answer the dumbest questions! :roll: :roll: Don't ask me how I know that one! :lol: :lol:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

paulaboutform wrote:When you damage one vane and need to replace it are you peeling the entire wrap and vanes? I had a couple dozen with wraps and found this to be an issue. I also found that with regular shooting and arrows burying to the fletching the wraps start to wear. Have y'all found this as well?

Paul
Yes, usually you have to strip the wrap off too. The vanes hold on like a woman holds the checkbook! :lol: :lol:
Drew

Post by Drew »

Now that looks sweet, love the skull!

Xcal, what brand of fletch are those?

Not sure how you guys are applying your wraps but I use a 1/4" thick mouse pad with a line drawn across it vertically with a sharpy to help lines things up. The line plus a ruler gets things nice and consistent and the pad helps give full contact as you roll em up. That's how I do it anyhow... :mrgreen:

I'm using 7" wraps cut in half, comes out to be 6gr per arrow but well worth the extra weight if it allows you to find your $20 arrow after the shot.
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:When you damage one vane and need to replace it are you peeling the entire wrap and vanes? I had a couple dozen with wraps and found this to be an issue. I also found that with regular shooting and arrows burying to the fletching the wraps start to wear. Have y'all found this as well?

Paul

Fratello mio...you coat them with a little extra virgin olive oil...no problem...fugettaboutit! :mrgreen:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings