Boy am I ready!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Reinyrooster

Boy am I ready!!!

Post by Reinyrooster »

Opening day here is October 1st...booked off work the 1st and 2nd. Got all the Drstirrup stuff properly mounted, learned how to unstring the bow, learned how to shorten the string and now have the string about 1/16th of an inch off the new bumpers.......man I am ready to go! Will be my first season with the crossbow, and am going out the weekend to scout out a new farm that I have permission to hunt....I am more wound up then a five year old on Christmas Eve........
Last edited by Reinyrooster on Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one shot scott

Re: Boy am I ready!!!

Post by one shot scott »

understandable! good luck to you! Im pins and needles until the 1st as well
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Good luck!! :D :lol:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
bubba

Post by bubba »

Good luck to you sir...I have to wait until the 15th of Oct..But time is a passing....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
fergie

Post by fergie »

Reinyrooster wrote:Opening day here is October 1st...booked off work the 1st and 2nd. Got all the Drstirrup stuff properly mounted, learned how to unstring the bow, learned how to shorten the string and now have the string about 1/16th of an inch off the new bumpers.......man I am ready to go! Will be my first season with the crossbow, and am going out the weekend to scout out a new farm that I have permission to hunt....I am more wound up then a five year old on Christmas Eve........

instructions say to touch the bumpers and up to 1/16th of an inch of pressure on them. not off the bumpers like the reds.
mine is just pushing in on them a hair.
steve
matrix 380 blackout "Reaper", nchunterkw flemish string, triggertech single stage, matrix munch mount, Rhinehart Block, 18" zombie slayers c/o big john
fully dressed in drstirrup is the "reaper"
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Good luck and be safe.
I met a guy the other day at the grand opening where my wife is working...
Wife introduced me to him and his wife, then said - tell my husband what you did to your thumb. Turns out he just bought a cheap crossbow and about his 10'th shot he almost removed his thumb nail and sliced the side of his thumb. :shock: Dr stitched it up for him, put his nail back in place and said it should grow back ok. Said he won't be doing any crossbow hunting or shooting at all this year. 11 stitches to sew up his thumb and straighten out the nail.

Ron.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Good for you in getting all set up and ready to go!

Opening Day for me is Oct 3rd and the way things are going for me I should ready by Oct 4th! It's times like these that I fall back on that great motivational movie Stripes for guidance and inspiration.
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Good luck, and great success!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Lol we understand you! Good luck shoot a biggun!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
deerskinner

Post by deerskinner »

Looks like buck fever has set in,I think I am getting it to! Season opens here Oct. 3rd ! We are getting our first cool front in this weekend! Hope to sling my first bolt at something with my 355m! Good luck to everyone! Hope to see some pictures on here soon! Ron! :D
CrazyAce

Post by CrazyAce »

BrotherRon wrote:Good luck and be safe.
I met a guy the other day at the grand opening where my wife is working...
Wife introduced me to him and his wife, then said - tell my husband what you did to your thumb. Turns out he just bought a cheap crossbow and about his 10'th shot he almost removed his thumb nail and sliced the side of his thumb. :shock: Dr stitched it up for him, put his nail back in place and said it should grow back ok. Said he won't be doing any crossbow hunting or shooting at all this year. 11 stitches to sew up his thumb and straighten out the nail.

Ron.
Snicker... :lol:

It's not a rifle sir you don't have to wrap your hand around the barrel :P haha

Sorry (ER humor set in)...
-SnotRocket-
Matrix 405
DLX scope
TriggerTech 2.5#
DrStirrup rig
8ptbuk, vixenmaster, Boo Flemish String
Zombie Slayer, Executioner
Wabi Call
ccamp200

Post by ccamp200 »

fergie wrote:
Reinyrooster wrote:Opening day here is October 1st...booked off work the 1st and 2nd. Got all the Drstirrup stuff properly mounted, learned how to unstring the bow, learned how to shorten the string and now have the string about 1/16th of an inch off the new bumpers.......man I am ready to go! Will be my first season with the crossbow, and am going out the weekend to scout out a new farm that I have permission to hunt....I am more wound up then a five year old on Christmas Eve........

instructions say to touch the bumpers and up to 1/16th of an inch of pressure on them. not off the bumpers like the reds.
mine is just pushing in on them a hair.
steve
I had been told it was 1/4 " off the bumpers. Someone pls clarify BC if it ain't at least 1/4, no way to get 3/4 to 1" height off the joint.
Exekiel 22:30 - And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

Black Matrix 380 "Meat Maker"