Flemish string

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5252

Flemish string

Post by jody5252 »

Greetings. I graduated to using a Flemish string. Installed it on bow. It was right at groove on rail and 1/4" away from S5's. I left it go for a few days to stretch. Just as I thought, the string stretched enough to just barely touching S5's. Shot about 12 shots and checked it later and now string was tight against the stops. I heard that you should not have string resting on stops, so I twisted loop 4x (counter clockwise) Now it is back to 1/4'" away from stops... If I ever need to adjust string again, should I twist it from the other side of limb, or don't that matter? I also herd that it is possible to twist them to much. Don't want to end up doing that! I got 2 strings, so I have a back up. Should I go through a break-in process with that string also, or will it be ok, to use in a pinch. POI did not change at all, still dead on! Thanks, J.
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
xcaliber

Re: Flemish string

Post by xcaliber »

Twist from one end, it makes no difference as long as CCW while looking at the other end when twisting. It is a good idea to shoot one in, then tie the ends up to preserve the brace height when removed, and install, and shoot in the other string, and start hunting!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
R4fan

Post by R4fan »

xcaliber wrote:Twist from one end, it makes no difference as long as CCW while looking at the other end when twisting. It is a good idea to shoot one in, then tie the ends up to preserve the brace height when removed, and install, and shoot in the other string, and start hunting!
That's a great idea. Thanks for sharing that.

I just installed a flemish string myself, and before I even shot it over the course of a week I had to keep adjusting the brace height. Otherwise if you had to replace your string with a spare one, you'd have to start the adjusting process all over again. Once I get mine shot in, I'll take it off and keep that as a spare, and install the other spare I have.
bobcat

Post by bobcat »

how do you "tie the ends up "
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Jody , you've been given good advice ! Once you get the first one settled in , If you have time before the season opens , go ahead and stretch the second one in . Use a bread tie or paper clip to hold the loops together so they don't untwist . If they do untwist you'll lose your BH setting . Your String came with just 8/10 twist in it , I do this knowing that you'll have to add a few more twist during the breaking period and will end up with just the right amount , So don't worry about over twisting .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

bobcat wrote:how do you "tie the ends up "
Use anything you can easily remove. A paper clip works great.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bobcat

Post by bobcat »

xcaliber wrote:

ok got it. i didnt realize it was that simple. :roll: no one ever accuses me of being smart ...... :lol:
bobcat

Post by bobcat »

xcaliber wrote:

ok got it. i didnt realize it was that simple. :roll: no one ever accuses me of being smart ...... :lol: