looking for help

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Red_label-jr

looking for help

Post by Red_label-jr »

Hi all;

So, Here's my situation.
9 years ago I let my licence expire not worrying about it at all. For reasons I gave up on hunting and I didn't really want to have anything to do with it. now I've had some time to think about it I've asked some questions and have had nothing but a run around of answers.

the question is. Do I need to retake my coursing again just for my outdoors/ hunting licencing. or can I just go to a service Ontario give them my name and info and they'd have the records of it all and I could renew it.
woodmnctry

Re: looking for help

Post by woodmnctry »

try calling them
bubba

Post by bubba »

X-2 Looks like you are from Canada? Don't know the rule's up there. But here in the states if born before 1976 you don't need a hunters safety course. And can purchase a lic no problem.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Tom

Post by Tom »

Good day jr, I hope you are who I think you are, if so, welcome back.

In the old days you would have had to go into Queens Park in Toronto and show some proof of previous hunting licence, but in todays world with computers, there should be some record in the government computers (at the local service center). If you do not have some proof from before, like an unused tag, expired outdoors card, then I would make sure to phone before I go there.

Hope this helps.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Bones

Post by Bones »

I wouldn't worry as I did the same in 1998. 1993 I moved out west and let my outdoor's card expire. Then upon returning with old card in hand was given a new card with no test/ course taken. They got you on file and you should be fine!
galamb

Post by galamb »

Yes, if you ever had a "hunting" outdoors card in Ontario "your number" (which is unique to you and never changes) will be in the system.

Like others here I have been in/out of Ontario over the years and when I come back my drivers licence, outdoors card etc have all been reissued with the same number I had before they ran out.

If you have your old one you can go anywhere that issues licences (Canadian Tire, Home Hardware etc) they will give you a new temporary card after relieving you of 12 bucks and you will get your new one in the mail in a couple of weeks.

If you don't have your old card stop in to any Service Ontario and they will look you up then fix you up - 12 bucks later of course :lol:
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Red_label-jr

Post by Red_label-jr »

Tom wrote:Good day jr, I hope you are who I think you are, if so, welcome back.

In the old days you would have had to go into Queens Park in Toronto and show some proof of previous hunting licence, but in todays world with computers, there should be some record in the government computers (at the local service center). If you do not have some proof from before, like an unused tag, expired outdoors card, then I would make sure to phone before I go there.

Hope this helps.

Tom

I may possibly be :) and thank you.

thank you all for the advice. I have its sorted out and i'll be getting my card soon. I've got my new bow today also and I didn't realize how much they've change since my exocet days