380 scare or not ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

youngguns

380 scare or not ?

Post by youngguns »

Forum members, Youngguns here my question have what I think is delamination on left limb on crest of limb about 2 1/2 inches long close to edge . I don't have means of sending photo but would appreciate the right guidence in this misfortune one day from deer season. Do I stop shooting I am not sure what to do thank you for any and all input on this dilemma . So close yet so far :(
A stupid question is a question never asked
UPSMAN

Re: 380 scare or not ?

Post by UPSMAN »

Take a cotton ball and rub over the suspect area. If the ball hangs up,you have an issue and need to contact Excalibur for a new set of limbs. If it passes the cotton ball test,just keep shooting.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
youngguns

Post by youngguns »

Upsman no need for cotton ball you can lift piece up
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Sounds like you have a problem. I see you are in USA. Call Danny Miller 740-483-2312 tomorrow and he will take care of you. Sorry for your troubles.
Zombie Slayers
Boo String
youngguns

Post by youngguns »

Thank you for guidance upsman and your time to respond.
bubba

Post by bubba »

Yep.. Sounds like a replacement needed. Danny Miller will get you whole again, but i would think your looking at a least 10 plus day's. It will be tough without a back up bow...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
bubba

Post by bubba »

Darn
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Tom

Post by Tom »

youngguns wrote:Upsman no need for cotton ball you can lift piece up
There are 2 main problems with limbs (if you have problems). Delamination & slivers and neither are nice but both are at different ends of the "troublesome" spectrum. Slivers are just what the name describes, just a portion which has broke and started to seperate. Delamination, from my understanding, is a "complete" seperation of limb fibers.

Without a picture, it is very difficult for members to be able to guide you with advice. You said that it is 2.5" long but not the width. To me, I feel like your describing a sliver. If it is not too wide, you will probably be able to cut & sand it out and keep shooting until after the season. But without a picture, we can't really guide you.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Normous

Post by Normous »

I agree with Tom, if it is a sliver just cut it and sand it out lightly. Each limb contains over 250,000 individual strands of fiberglass and sanding the sliver will not affect the POI or performance of your Excalibur.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Youngguns,
Everybody has a smart phone these days,right :?: :?: Use yours and take a couple of nice clear pictures of your limb. Text the pictures to 813-508-3537. I will post on this thread and we will hold court on your issue.
Zombie Slayers
Boo String
youngguns

Post by youngguns »

Tom it's 2 1/2" long 1/16" down to 1/4" wide over length I am not computer savy to know how to send pictures sorry for that if I need limbs what is protocall with danny miller ,. When I call is he going to need reciept,limbs etc.sent to him or what is the way I would need to go about it . Sorry for so many questions I appreciate and am greatfull for all help from you and all forum members THANK YOU!!! ALL!! :) Upsman I will send pictures to you thank you kindly sir
Normous

Post by Normous »

Tell Danny Miller the dimensions of your sliver and he will direct you from there, no worries. I have seen much worse and the owners just kept on shooting. In the meantime just keep shooting unless the condition changes rapidly, it will not break suddenly because the remaining 249,346 fiberglass fibers will continue to carry the load.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Ok boys,it's time to chime in. I say it's just a sliver and he can keep shooting until archery season is over. Then he can call Danny for a new set of limbs after the season. Let's hear it.

Zombie Slayers
Boo String
Normous

Post by Normous »

X2, sliver.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
Buddyshort

Post by Buddyshort »

I think it is fine for shooting. Clip that off and sand it down. The beauty of Excalibur, any other bow and you would be out of luck