Homemade Scent Killer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one shot scott

Re: Homemade Scent Killer

Post by one shot scott »

Just common scent eliminator sprays Anthony. But what I really like is my little ozone generator. I put all my clothing in a cabinet in my garage and run the generator for 30-45 mins. Mine is for automotive use to eliminate smoke & mould smells from cars and they do work fairly well. They use them in flooded homes to kill stink, so I figured why not? lol cant hurt!

Ozone is not safe to breathe in so I tend to stay away while its working. once out of the closet (snicker) I feel its safe. & it has a "shelf life" too

apologies for wandering off topic slightly. I will be using this home made recipe. Vixchix has posted one in the past as well.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

I do everything that I can to eliminate scent. I was my clothes, shower, spray everything down, put coon urine on my boots when I'm in the tree as a cover scent.

But since I'm pleasantly plump, by the time I get up in my Summit I'm sweating like a virgin on prom night. So I use the wipes to wipe my brow. I attempt at all costs to hunt the wind but sometimes you don't have a choice and need to hunt where the deer are.

Due to that, I found homemade remedies like this where I don't have to spend a fortune. I can use as much as I want and make more.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

been using this formula for years cheap and works good, along with a little vanilla extract as a curiosity scent; a one to punch :wink:
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

mbc4 wrote:been using this formula for years cheap and works good, along with a little vanilla extract as a curiosity scent; a one to punch :wink:

How much vanilla extract do you put in the recipe?
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
Buddyshort

Post by Buddyshort »

I would think the formula would kill the odor of vanilla extract. I used this same recipe last year and it does help a lot It took over a week for it to settle down and the gas quit building up
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Buddyshort wrote:I would think the formula would kill the odor of vanilla extract. I used this same recipe last year and it does help a lot It took over a week for it to settle down and the gas quit building up
Oh definitely, it takes several days for the chemical reaction to quiet down before you can actually combine the half full gallon jugs to make a full gallon. I usually put about 2 batches in a gallon jug and let it react and then the next week I'll combine them.

I only have two gallons made right now, I'll probably make another two or three gallons of it. I'll give one gallon to a guy at church who I was talking to about it.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member