Rage Crossbow X Broadhead Failure

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Riflemanz

Re: Rage Crossbow X Broadhead Failure

Post by Riflemanz »

Make sure there lined up off the cracks so the blade rests on a solid piece of collar.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
galamb

Post by galamb »

I won't RAGE bash, but will say I don't shoot them on my crossbow. They fly great (like most broadheads if we are being honest), but as someone else has noted, their durability just isn't what I want in a broadhead.

I do shoot the 40KE's with my recurve, so like I said, not bashing them.

I have other heads "deploy" upon firing - most notably NAP Bloodrunners - same results as noted - launched, arrow/head lost, groove cut in the stirrup.

This could potentially happen with ANY expandable.

So, to overcome this - at least the "disastrous" effects in the event of a deployment, index your blades "parallel" to your stirrup if shooting a two blade deployable.

Then at least if they do deploy, while they may plane a little, at least they will be heading towards the target.

When I "reoriented" the Bloodrunners, even with them prematurely deploying, they were wicked accurate out to 35 yards (the max range on my backyard range) - so the deployment, at least with those, did not have a detrimental effect at least out that far.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

I must be honest, when I was Rage bashing, unbeknownst to me I was setting them up wrong. I was putting the blade in the crack of the collar.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
fergie

Post by fergie »

TheBig1 wrote:I must be honest, when I was Rage bashing, unbeknownst to me I was setting them up wrong. I was putting the blade in the crack of the collar.
most people do and then complain about them. I'm shooting them with confidence out of my m380. I've put them threw both shoulders of a doe last year and one blade was bent after I pulled it out of the ground, so I replaced the blades and was good to go. if I get a pass through with any head and it ends up a couple of inches in the ground I figure I'm replacing the blades anyway.
steve
matrix 380 blackout "Reaper", nchunterkw flemish string, triggertech single stage, matrix munch mount, Rhinehart Block, 18" zombie slayers c/o big john
fully dressed in drstirrup is the "reaper"
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I have three broadheads that are fixed that I always have had fly with field points close enough to hunt with out to 40 yards and never worry about,,, they all three shoot as well field points in my Micro and 380's, and have used them in a Tenpoint Venom, Parker Gale Force, and Scorpyd Ventilator 150.

The G5 Striker 100 and 125 grain 1 1/8" cut

The Slick Trick Standard 100 and 125 Grain 1" cut

This year in both recurves the Magnus Black Hornet 100 grain 1 1/4" cut

These broadheads all will shoot 1" groups at 60 to 70 yards in my 380's and Micro!! I have never lost a deer to either of the first two, and have the same expectations for the Black Hornet this year in the Micro!!

I will never use an expandable again, to many parts and possible problems!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Crackshot_Benny

Post by Crackshot_Benny »

I ordered some Ramcats, they came in tonight ad I'm going to shoot them tomorrow. If these fly as good as the reviews say I should be square. Thanks for all the responses... Ben
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

SEW wrote:
bubba wrote:Yep... My remedy. Is throw em the trash can. Or better yet send em to vixenmaster, he use's every thing and never throw's any thing away, Smile. If you want to shoot a mechanical head i say go with a Swhacker, or any of the N.A.P. spitfire, foc's, they are all a step above..Now wait for it.......Here come all the Rage follower's....
I agree totally. Now, for a little history: the name "Rage" comes from how the user feels about the Rage broadheads after using them for a while.
The above mentioned BHs are my 3 favorites, with which I have killed over 75 deer: no losses except a 2 blade SP the year they first came out(>15 years ago). May have been a bad hit: still, maybe the short lived 2 blade SF.
Yep, I could not give mine away fast enough after missing a hard hunted buck!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ds762

Post by ds762 »

Rage = love em or hate em.

I don't shoot rage. ;)
M380 ---"Mjolnir"
Vendetta RF
BEE

>>>--------->
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Crackshot_Benny wrote:I ordered some Ramcats, they came in tonight ad I'm going to shoot them tomorrow. If these fly as good as the reviews say I should be square. Thanks for all the responses... Ben
I've not shot the Ramcats but have never heard anyone say they were anything but accurate,,,, If that bow won't shoot them like field points, I would say you have an arrow or a tune problem!!! Let us know how they work for you!! Good Luck
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!