Sad Day For My Matrix 355

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Trev92

Sad Day For My Matrix 355

Post by Trev92 »

Hello forum. Was doing some preseason target practice with my Matrix 355 (which i purchased from BPS just prior to September 2014) and the sound it made was different than the normal "whack" of the string. I look up only to see my string hanging on one limb tip and the limbs fully extended, and one of the tips gone! :(
I have the R.E.D.S. suppressor and the brace height was fine. Just don't understand why it happened. Hopefully the gang at HQ in Kitchener can help me out before Thanksgiving. Fingers crossed wish me luck all!
Trev92

Re: Sad Day For My Matrix 355

Post by Trev92 »

BTW. less than 100 shots fired and no dry fires. what are the odds
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....I believe there is a very good probability that you will be up and running in a very short time. Follow the warranty procedures as per:

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com

Here is a good example why we keep asking members to complete their registration indicating where they are from...It helps in directing people to the right source...

....If in the states, you could contact Danny Miller in Sardis, OH... or Woody's in PA....both do warranty work here for Excalibur....

In Canada, I would strongly suggest the the above website (you could use it also in the US)....

As far as the limb tips coming off....I remember hearing this happen back when the 355 came to market, but have not heard about it in a while...these tips are epoxied on and then there is the camo process that is then added. This might have affected your bow...who knows....but one thing is certain,

....by the time the turkey is settin on the table, this issue will have been a forgotten memory as you will have been long taken cared of!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Was yer Brace height correct ? Don't spect you had a dryfire?
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bubba

Post by bubba »

Hope you get back up and shooting soon...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Trev92

Post by Trev92 »

Thankyou guys for the encouragement. And already I have gone through the warranty process.
"Vixenmaster" I had a perfect run no dry fires the brace height was fine. My bolt flew straight but ended up in the dirt.
will hopefully expedite things.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Trev92, welcome to the forum first off, and secondly, you got some good advice from the fellas already.
I'll add that the brace height is very important, and there have been very few limb tip issues with the 355, once you get her back, you'll be in great shape for the season.
Good Luck, and stop in here often, you'll learn some great tips, meet some wonderful folks, and share what you know, and learn along the way.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Welcome aboard! . . .sorry for your bad luck but be rest assured you got a great warranty and you'll be taken care of!
-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
Tom

Post by Tom »

Trev92 wrote:................
"Vixenmaster" I had a perfect run no dry fires the brace height was fine. My bolt flew straight but ended up in the dirt.
will hopefully expedite things.
If your string was not cut, it sounds like a partial dryfire. Your arrow probably slipped forward off the string and you did not notice it. When you fired, the string hit the arrow then jumped it which is why the arrow was found in the dirt and not in the target.

A partial dryfire has happened before, and someone will have it happen to them in the future. If you can, always check the arrow is tight against the string, making sure YOU NEVER PUT ANY PART OF YOUR HAND IN THE PATH OF THE STRING.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
SEW

Post by SEW »

Spend $80 US?Canadian, if your budget allows and get a spare set of blemished limbs for spares. A number of us have done that. A backup xbow doesn't hurt either, if the budget allows.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

just got a spare set of limbs direct from Dawm at Excalibur. they dont look blemished at all. they look brand new.im also trying some Parker capture nocks this season because i have a fear of those partial dry fires with the heavier xbows.
Mr.Boiler

Post by Mr.Boiler »

SEW wrote:Spend $80 US?Canadian, if your budget allows and get a spare set of blemished limbs for spares. A number of us have done that. A backup xbow doesn't hurt either, if the budget allows.
A backup xbow.... Intersesting... I can say its for my wife... She rarely hunts with me... But I can say, "I thought of you my dear..." Maybe she'll buy my story... Or not.
Any way you look at it I'm a week in the doghouse but still have a second xbow! Brilliant!
Seriously though I do like the idea of a second pair of limbs. Blemished or not.
"So at this time take, please, your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt some wild game for me." Gen. 27:3
So I took my Excalibur Micro 335 and my Marlin 336 and my Henry .22lr Frontier and did just so...
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Sounds like it may be faster for you to take a road trip ( 100 kms )
( 1 hr drive ) from Port Credit to Kitchener-Waterloo .
Call Dawn in CS tomorrow who knows may be she can arrange to fix you up while you wait.

Good luck
SEW

Post by SEW »

I have a M380 and a M405 with an extra set of blemished limbs in 405 camo. Each set up using same arrows. Extra, prestretched and shot strings. Now, THIS is being covered.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Welcome to the Excal family Trev92!!! I would not worry, chit happens and that 355 has been a proven bomb proof bow, but anything can happen on occasion. I highly recommend Firenock FULL CAPTURE NOCK's this is all I run, i've used flats out of aluminum, and plastic. The Firenock is the most secure nock on the market as far as eliminating partial dry fires. It snaps onto the string just like a vert bow nock does, and can't be bumped forward, something has to pull it forward of the capture. The aluminum can get a nick or bur and will cut a string. I have had plastic flats get a nick and not notice it and this has givven me a partial dry fire, but didn't cut the string or cause any damage. But I have never had an issue with a firenock on any arrow ever!

Good luck and as others have said, this is a pain but rest assured, it will be repaired in days not weeks, and you have one of the most durable bows on the market,,,, and it is positively backed by the best Customer Service in the industry!!!! Bar none!!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!