Naming Crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TheBig1

Naming Crossbows

Post by TheBig1 »

Ok, so I've been reading how everyone has been establishing names for their animal slayers. Well, I've been thinking for a while at what I would call my Grizzly. Perhaps it's not very original but I kind of like it. I've finally settled on naming my Grizzly, "Griz".

So, now that I'm getting prepared for my first hard hunting season in some years due to focusing on my career, me and Griz will be hitting the woods in less than two weeks to begin our freezer filling adventures. I am super excited to have my little girl with me on these adventures, she's 6 about ready to turn 7 in December.

CHAD
Last edited by TheBig1 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
VixChix

Re: Naming Crossbows

Post by VixChix »

I love my old xbow - we've shared many miles, made many memories, met many new friends together... but naming it just seems weird.

It's simply my Vixen. And that's enough for me.

(No offense to all those here who have chosen to name their bows!)
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
bubba

Post by bubba »

Griz? That will work. A lot of member's do name their bow's. And there is some good one's out there. Vixenmaster, and sir Anthony come to mind when naming their bow's. i hope you have a successful hunting season.. I believe you said your name was " Chow" ? or some thing like that. And to be taking your little lady on your hunt's. Wow! don't see how a hunt could get any better. I cherish the one's i have shared with my daughter,and grand daughter.Like no other. Fill that freezer "Chow"!! best of luck...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I had a named tagged onto a shotgun I hunted with many years ago by my hunting buddy, and brother in law. I managed to kill two deer in a matter of seconds with the old pumper, and my B.I.L named it Excaliber! Well, after that all my shooting tools got names, and I never looked back.
My first Excalibur was called Evileen! Yep, after a great tune by one of the best bands ever! ARS! :wink:
I have sold that bow to a good friend that has kept the name for her, and I stated incorporating an "X" in all of their names after that!

Griz will work just fine for your baby! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Nutten wrong wid namin yer crossbows. Now you get to take yer lil one huntin n thats great!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

VixChix wrote:I love my old xbow - we've shared many miles, made many memories, met many new friends together... but naming it just seems weird.

VixChix, your bow has a name....whether you choose to use it or not, is your business. :lol: :lol: :lol:
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I put off naming my 355 or Axiom before earlier this morning ( even before seeing this post ) but I fittingly gave my M355 the name "Bull Buster" .......kind of similar to "Ball Bus$%" and since he was a bull I guess it fits. :lol: :lol:

Now to bloody the Axiom and see what name becomes fitting for her. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

VixChix wrote:I love my old xbow - we've shared many miles, made many memories, met many new friends together... but naming it just seems weird.

Well Moni...if you ever change your mind on naming that old faithful...I have a couple picked out JUST for you like...."VixVenom or the "Vixenator"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

amythntr wrote:

Well Moni...if you ever change your mind on naming that old faithful...I have a couple picked out JUST for you like...."VixVenom or the "Vixenator"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
Oh, The Grizinator would have been nice too. :lol:
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
TPM

Post by TPM »

flightattendant100 wrote:

VixChix, your bow has a name....whether you choose to use it or not, is your business. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Didn't we settle on "Roadkill" ? :-)
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Quick Big 1, he's still at a young enough age you can change it to Grizinator and he'll never know. :wink: :wink:

Gene :lol:
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

L. E. Carroll wrote:Quick Big 1, he's still at a young enough age you can change it to Grizinator and he'll never know. :wink: :wink:

Thanks Gene! I don't know what to do. I can hear myself already telling myboy to, "Go get The Griz". Perhaps Grizinator will be it's nickname and we'll refer to successfullydowned critters as being Grizzinated :lol:
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

TheBig1 wrote:
L. E. Carroll wrote:Quick Big 1, he's still at a young enough age you can change it to Grizinator and he'll never know. :wink: :wink:

Thanks Gene! I don't know what to do. I can hear myself already telling myboy to, "Go get The Griz". Perhaps Grizinator will be it's nickname and we'll refer to successfullydowned critters as being Grizzinated :lol:

....the birth certificate is in the mail....Grizinator it is!

....just let us all know how the "Christening" goes! :shock: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

amythntr wrote:
TheBig1 wrote:

....the birth certificate is in the mail....Grizinator it is!

....just let us all know how the "Christening" goes! :shock: :lol:

Anthony :)
LOL Don't worry Anthony, I'm here to stay and I'll most certainly be keeping everyone up to date. Now if only a local guy would get my Hawke XB 30 Pro in so I can mount it and get it shot in already. I've only got 11 days until the first day.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

My Cub has been duely dubbded,,,,CUB-POW!!
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string