Zombies fer Captain Morgan

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Zombies fer Captain Morgan

Post by vixenmaster »

OK y'all who has them n be shootin them. What combo's y'all be usin ? Weight of arrows, i am wantin to stay 400gr or abit more. I am open to any type of vane n set-back, brass weight. Thinkin of settin them up fer shootin out to 75 yds
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xcaliber

Re: Zombies fer Captain Morgan

Post by xcaliber »

I would have to ask weight heads, and what finished length you want? I like the Fusion Vanes, Q2i, in 2.1" they are shield cut, and have a great gluing surface. You can put them on at an offset with the EZ Pro jig, and get real good flight with fixed heads.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

100gr BH's, 16.5 -17" end to end then add BH. I don't care if'en the BH sticks out past the stirrup. Jus don't want them to get weak spined on me n get squirrely out at 75 yds n such
Half Bubble Off BD360

CrazyAce

Post by CrazyAce »

xcaliber wrote:I would have to ask weight heads, and what finished length you want? I like the Fusion Vanes, Q2i, in 2.1" they are shield cut, and have a great gluing surface. You can put them on at an offset with the EZ Pro jig, and get real good flight with fixed heads.
the Fusion X or the Fusion II? The X look much flatter.
-SnotRocket-
Matrix 405
DLX scope
TriggerTech 2.5#
DrStirrup rig
8ptbuk, vixenmaster, Boo Flemish String
Zombie Slayer, Executioner
Wabi Call
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

They are the X-11 2.1" Q2i vanes. I threw the packages away when I loaded up my Kit Box of Vanes.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I have the Zombies and Spynal Tapps Mike. I like the Spynals better but mostly because I can buy 125 grain inserts to fit them from Jerry, and cut em to any weight I want. I am using 16.5" Tapps and cutting inserts to 85 grain's, with a 100 grain head I'm running 390 grains.

My Zombies were the same length with 112 grain inserts w/125 grain heads and and if I remember right running 387 grains.

Both used Firenock D2 nocks, and when I hunt I install the lights and the Tapps weigh 412 grains, and if I used the Zombies for hunting lighted would weigh about 409.

with Magnus Black Hornets or Slick Trick standards the Tapp's will shoot 1" at 60 yards!! I am going with the Magnus broadheads. with these heads I am inside my stirrup, and see no reason with their flight they would not shoot great out past 80 yards!!

both use 2" blazers,,, good Luck Mike either arrow is great, I think the Tapps are a little better arrow, but the Zombies are the same spine!!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

wildcatter wrote:I have the Zombies and Spynal Tapps Mike. I like the Spynals better but mostly because I can buy 125 grain inserts to fit them from Jerry, and cut em to any weight I want. I am using 16.5" Tapps and cutting inserts to 85 grain's, with a 100 grain head I'm running 390 grains.

My Zombies were the same length with 112 grain inserts w/125 grain heads and and if I remember right running 387 grains.

Both used Firenock D2 nocks, and when I hunt I install the lights and the Tapps weigh 412 grains, and if I used the Zombies for hunting lighted would weigh about 409.

with Magnus Black Hornets or Slick Trick standards the Tapp's will shoot 1" at 60 yards!! I am going with the Magnus broadheads. with these heads I am inside my stirrup, and see no reason with their flight they would not shoot great out past 80 yards!!

both use 2" blazers,,, good Luck Mike either arrow is great, I think the Tapps are a little better arrow, but the Zombies are the same spine!!!
I am gettin tired of refletch old GT II's n i jus have gotten to the point i don't want to make arrows anymore. I figured i would get some from SSA n let Jerry do his thing wid'em. I really knowed nutten about the Zombies nor Spinal Tapps, i really don't want to pay $10 per arrow either
Half Bubble Off BD360

racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Mike, I can tell you that a 17" arrow will work nicely for your next bow... :wink:

I am using 17" zombies, 170gr heads with alum. inserts, 2" Blazers with an extreme right helical and Lumenocks at a finished weight of 395gr...very accurate combo.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Mike, the best shooting arrows I have for Coltons Micro are GTIII pro's. They are 18 3/8" long, that I had done for my Matrix. brass inserts up front and alum. in rear. 2" blazers, 424 grains total w tip. Micro only shoots 'em 304-305 fps, but into same hole out to 50yrds. They stick out some but, It doesn't bother me. The Zombie Slayer that BigJohn made for him are 17" and have an aluminum insert to shoot 170 gr. points. They shoot excellent as well. His Micro is easy to please on arrows. Good luck.