Broken stirrup on 355

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bogus123

Broken stirrup on 355

Post by Bogus123 »

I had something happen to my 355 today. I was sighting in with diablos and boltcutters and pulled the trigger and heard a loud sound and something hit my leg. That something was what i call the stirrup. I dont know the correct name for it but its where the string loops around the end of the limb. Anyway it broke and went flying. After all this now my scope is distorted when looking through it. Has this happened to anyone else and is it covered under warranty?
xcaliber

Re: Broken stirrup on 355

Post by xcaliber »

That is the limb tips sounds like to me. Do you maintain the correct brace height? Do you fully understand the bows critical adjustments? Most times it is something very small, and overlooked that contributes to failure, but it is covered by Excalibur, nobody else in the business takes care of their customers like they do! :wink: Sounds like the scope is puked too.
Good luck, learn here! Many good folks that know these bows inside, and out, and always willing to help!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bubba

Post by bubba »

That was not your stirrup that broke.. it was the Knobs on your limb tips. That are glued on. Call Excalibur and they will get you fixed up...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Bogus123

Post by Bogus123 »

Thanks fellas for your insight. Kinda weird that the scope went to crap after this happened. Any thoughts on that?
Bogus123

Post by Bogus123 »

Also yes my brace height was correct and my bolt was in the bullseye. I figured it may have partially dry fired but being in the bullseye kinda rules that out I would think. Although I'm not an expert by any means.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Welcome aboard...why not complete your registration so we know where you are from...if in the USA you have Woody's in PA and Horizontal Archery (Danny Miller) in Sardis Ohio...Danny's number is 1.740.483.2312...If in Canada you can call Excalibur direct...You can also call Excalibur direct in the USA...either way you choose you will be taken care of in an expeditious manner, bearing in mind that this is their peak season....

....as a Xcalibur said, those are your limb tips that came off...NOT your stirrup....once you get up and running (or while you are waiting to get up and running) I would strongly suggest that you review your manual, and/or ask questions here...you really should have a "good" working knowledge of the parts of your bow...including your stirrup (that's where you insert your foot to cock your bow.)

As far as your scope goes, you might have knocked it off center. or perhaps your scope screws were not loctited when you put it together...

...there are a few steps in shooting the Excalibur crossbow that you MUST follow to insure safe and consistent enjoyment. Once learned you won't forget them...and as mentioned above "maintaining correct brace height." If you do not understand what that means again I would suggest a thorough reading and rereading until it is second nature.

....do you have a stringer?...If not you MUST obtain one...that is the only way you can adjust your brace height...a lot to learn...but you have come to the right place...a lot of people willing to teach and bring a new one into the fold!

...Welcome aboard!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Bogus123

Post by Bogus123 »

Thanks Anthony for your insight. My brace height was 3/4 of an inch. Ive read the manual and am always on this forum learning the correct way of things. I also have a stringer. By the way I'm from missouri
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Oh yeah, show us! :lol: :lol:
Welcome aboard, lot's of folks from the Show me State! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

You are learning quick Grasshopper Anthony . :)
Seems not long ago you were asking the questions . Now you can give advice . :)
They are absolutely correct . It sounds like your string loop either got stretched out and went over the tip . Or the tips adhesion broke its bound . Either way a simple fix for the warranty people you send it too .
As for the scope looking distorted . Seems odd unless it took a direct hit from the string coming around and hitting it . Or the sudden shock through the bow shook something loose .
Anyways welcome to the Forum .
If you haven`t figured out how to set your location on your avatar . Could you state where you are for the time being so we can direct you to the best person to take care of you . :)
Editing my post . Contact Woody`s or Dr. Danny Miller .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Bogus123

Post by Bogus123 »

Thanks for the info guys. I found it odd on the scope doing that. Scope was fine before the shot.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Bogus123 wrote:Thanks for the info guys. I found it odd on the scope doing that. Scope was fine before the shot.
You never knowed about them scopes, n welcome fellow Mo. man. They be called mag tips on the end of yer limbs
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Call Danny Miller and he will fix you up!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Yotewacker

Post by Yotewacker »

I really have only heard of this happening on 355's. I wonder why that is? I noticed a limb tip cracking on my 355 after 1 year of shooting. Got the limbs replaced, no problems since but I keep an eye on them. I manage my string too
Team Matrix 355 Member

BEE arrows
also 2013 Excal Phoenix - Firebolts and Boltcutters
I used to own a Horton BoneCollector
I love my Matrix 355. Shootin 150gr Xbow tricks this year
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Welcome and as everybody else has said Excalibur will fix you up!!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen