Zeiss XB75 Scope, Hunters Review

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Zeiss XB75 Scope, Hunters Review

Post by vixenmaster »

Well it has nice glass in it, its about 1 1/2-2" longer than i would like. Its couple oz's too heavy but its usuable. Its really a better open n longer range big game n varmit scope. When i am in the thick dark woods/timber i have to hunt in. Early dawn n late dusk i can't see the xhairs i need the 20 & 30 yds. It needs some help maybe the 20 & 30 yds xhairs twice the size than they are now. In dark woods thicker crosshairs are very much needed fer Hunters. I have an older Varizone that has the thicker xhair, but the glass jus isn't there. So i am thinkin a heavy duplex i can set up 3 aim pts wid a tiny red dot like those Firefly scopes between 2 n 7 power in a small, light scope. These 1 lb n 12" long is jus too dang big
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wildcatter

Re: Zeiss XB75 Scope, Hunters Review

Post by wildcatter »

I agree Mike!! I have a the XBR in the safe for the same reason, to big, to heavy, and the XBR has one problem the XB-75 got right, and that is the reticle sucks on the XBR for crossbow ranges.

I have the Tenpoint Rangemaster Pro on my Micro, it has an 8 3/4" foot print, and weights less than 16 oz, with the rings it comes with. I only have aiming points out to 60 yards with it, but from 20 on they are dead on once set. The red side of the illumination dial is perfect for the conditions your having trouble in.

The 380's both were the newest XB-30 Pro, it is built exactly like you described,,, heavier hairs at 20, 30, and 40 yards, with finer aiming points out to 100 yards. But it does have a very useable infinitely variable illuminated reticle for those darker hours.
This is my favorite crossbow scope right now, but just bigger than want on the Micro, and launching arrows at 412 grains 310 fps, I just don't want to shoot past 60 yards anyways!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Thanks for the input Mr. Mike!

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
Eck

Post by Eck »

Valuable insight, thanks! I knew that glass would be great, but had concerns about sorting out the farily complex reticle under field conditions.

I agree with your comment about the Excal scopes. Yesteday when I was shooting both my E-Mag and Micro (dark, dreary "wants to rain" type of day), going back and forth from a Varizone on the E-Mag to a Nikon Bolt on the Micro, I saw exactly how "dim" the Varizone was. Great reticle, but the scope is a little on the dark side.
Micro 335
Matrix 380
Boofest 2016 Matrix 330
Trigger Techs all around
125 gr. QAD Exodus (Micro) 100 gr Slicks otherwise
Strings by Vixenmaster
Arrows by Xcaliber
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I think sometimes hunters get caught up with the bench shooters excitement over a great scope. Most times they are WAAAAY to muck scope for the hunter. My choice is the same as Widcatters. The XB 30 pro newest vision and the tenpoint rangemaster. Both plenty of scope for your hunting needs. When I can't see out of those I just may be pushing up daisies. :lol:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Glad you wrote this. I'll stick with what I have for now.

Thanx
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bubba

Post by bubba »

Interesting review Mike. Look's like you are close to what i felt when comparing the Zeiss to the new Hawke XB-30 pro. I found that i preferred the XB-30 pro over the Zeiss in low light or dark heavy wooded area's. I even had the Zeiss on lay a way. And Sews review giving the Zeiss better low light rating had me sold. But once i did a side by side comparison in low light the new Hawke XB-30 Pro in my opinion was hands down the better scope for me. And it's more compact and i even prefer the etched recticle. And another bonus it's nearly 200.00 less. My two nickels...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

bubba wrote:Interesting review Mike. Look's like you are close to what i felt when comparing the Zeiss to the new Hawke XB-30 pro. I found that i preferred the XB-30 pro over the Zeiss in low light or dark heavy wooded area's. I even had the Zeiss on lay a way. And Sews review giving the Zeiss better low light rating had me sold. But once i did a side by side comparison in low light the new Hawke XB-30 Pro in my opinion was hands down the better scope for me. And it's more compact and i even prefer the etched recticle. And another bonus it's nearly 200.00 less. My two nickels...
bubba you must have gotten one heck of a Deal at about $200 less n gotstid the XB30 Pro. I gave $324 fer my Zeiss XB75. Thats the same price Hawke wants fer their XB30! Not what i had in mind, :lol: The next one down has my interest wid the Ill. n marks out to xhairs out to 60 yds. I will have to ck one out to see if'en washes out the target when turned on.
Half Bubble Off BD360

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I went n looked at the Leupold firefly n price :shock: Thats more than i can come up wid fer a whole yr of savin's
Half Bubble Off BD360

bubba

Post by bubba »

Say what mike? David sold you your Zeiss for 324.00? I know Zeiss has a special right now for 50.00 off 400.00. And i did get a deal i thought with my Hawke Pro at 220.00 plus rings. With your numbers that is still over 100.00 difference. Retail the Zeiss sells for 399.00 and the Hawke for 260.00 on Amazon. Any how David and his price's are hard to beat. But 324.00 is the lowest i've ever heard of the Zeiss to your door.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

bubba wrote:Say what mike? David sold you your Zeiss for 324.00? I know Zeiss has a special right now for 50.00 off 400.00. And i did get a deal i thought with my Hawke Pro at 220.00 plus rings. With your numbers that is still over 100.00 difference. Retail the Zeiss sells for 399.00 and the Hawke for 260.00 on Amazon. Any how David and his price's are hard to beat. But 324.00 is the lowest i've ever heard of the Zeiss to your door.
I bought my Hawke XB30 Pro SR this past Friday for a flat price of $225 and then paid $10 for Leupold Rifleman scope rings. I walked out the door at $235 for both. My guy says he'll beat any price and Wyvern had it for $225 plus shipping and rings. My guy said $225 with no tax and I took it.

I absolutely love my Hawke!
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Lets say mine was a Demo, n at that price it were too hard to pass up :lol: I can hunt wid it over at the 38 acre place as its more park like cover. I jus need to find a good scope to use in these dark woods. If'en ya can't see the xhairs you can't kill nutten
Half Bubble Off BD360

wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

There are a lot of deals out there on the old XB-30 Pro with this reticle,,,,

I have this on my snow camo Lynx and it works fine. But I find it to much reticle when lit up on dark backgrounds like Mike is talking about, hole different game using it in snow filled background after sundown, compared to dirt leaves and brush under a heavy canopy of leaves on a no moon night,,, that is when the Tenpoint Pro and the new XB-30 Pro reticles make the big difference in a useable illuminated reticle!!

Mike like I said both these scopes work in any light, without washing out the background by over powering it with bright reticles. I never turn my reticles on till after sundown, and then only on their lowest setting. The reticle of the last XB-30 Pro I would not make this same claim.

As far as the Firefly or other single crosshair scopes, by the time you add a HHA which is even more weight, or have to adjust a turret for different yardages,,, I would rather have any quality crossbow scope, than have a scope that was not ready for any yardage once I pick it up. hard to beat that LITTLE LITE WEIGHT Tenpoint Pro on the Micro!! :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Anyone found a good price on the Hawke 1.5x5 XB1 Sr ? Has anyone used one in dark thick woods ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

vixenmaster wrote:Anyone found a good price on the Hawke 1.5x5 XB1 Sr ? Has anyone used one in dark thick woods ?
I have used my buddies Mike,his has blue lighted reticle, and it is not as bright a scope as the other two. It is a little cheaper price wise and a decent scope but the XB-30 Pro is a better optic, both hold zero to a T. The Tenpoint Rangemaster Pro is similar size and weight, with 30mm tube and is noticeably brighter in those situations. Both these scopes I been mentioning can be had for less money that the Zeiss.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!