Ohio

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tomcat

Re: Ohio

Post by tomcat »

I've let a couple "ok" bucks walk, but I missed a great chance to nail two coyotes travelling together at about 50 yards when I barely bumped my climbing stand rail with the butt of my Excal as I aimed it. Needless to say, they looked right at me and were gone by the time I could even think about pulling the trigger. They are fast...and I am getting slower each year:)
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1
Sam, just Sam...

Post by Sam, just Sam... »

No One wrote:Looks some of you are getting there. This being my first ever hunting season I dont even have a tree to hang stand in. lol. So I will be winging most of this year. Hope to bag a couple just in being out there. :D
The only way to GUARANTEE you won't get one is to stay at home. Go out, get down wind, keep a good eye out, shoot well when you see them. Just FYI, deer are almost "ghostly" more than a few good hunters have been totally snuck up on by a nice buck. The way they sort of drift through the woods is spooky, but if you're ready you'll get one. Sometimes it's a 1/2 second window, sometimes they stand broadside for 5 minutes.
Titus 2:11-14, 2 Cor 5:11-21,
Micro, not much done to it, pretty awesome as is.
Sam
No One

Post by No One »

Sam, just Sam... wrote:
No One wrote:Looks some of you are getting there. This being my first ever hunting season I dont even have a tree to hang stand in. lol. So I will be winging most of this year. Hope to bag a couple just in being out there. :D
The only way to GUARANTEE you won't get one is to stay at home. Go out, get down wind, keep a good eye out, shoot well when you see them. Just FYI, deer are almost "ghostly" more than a few good hunters have been totally snuck up on by a nice buck. The way they sort of drift through the woods is spooky, but if you're ready you'll get one. Sometimes it's a 1/2 second window, sometimes they stand broadside for 5 minutes.

Thanks for the encouraging words.
Matrix 405 Mega ( Sledgehammer )
Black Eagle Executioners
125 gr Grim Reaper Razor Cut.