Matrix Built in Dry Fire Inhibitor?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Buck

Matrix Built in Dry Fire Inhibitor?

Post by Buck »

I am new to the Forum but not new to Excalibur Crossbows. I recently ordered the 2015 Matrix 355 and couldn't be happier with it! The package was to include a "dry fire inhibitor". I assumed that would be the Guardian. After assembly I noticed that the guardian was not in the package.

I contacted the dealer and he said the Dry Fire Inhibitor was built into the bow. I did some searches and they only mention is the Guardian System.

Does the 2015 Matrix 355 come with a built in Dry Fire inhibitor from the factory? Or is the Guardian the only true inhibitor?

Side note:

I am new to posting on the Forum but not new to the Forum or Excaliburs. I have been shooting them for over 10 years. Started with the Phoenix, then to Exomax. Back to Phoenix, then to Equinox. Back to Phoenix, now to Matrix 355. I am not letting go of the Phoenix since she has been with me so long. Still performing flawlessly.

98% of my crossbow knowledge had come from this Forum and I have been on the sidelines using everyone's input to improve with each bow. Thank you All!!!
Micro 335 / Hawke XB30 Pro- Excal Sound Deadening System....
Matrix 350 SE / Hawke XB30 Compact - Couldn't say no......
308 Shorty / Hawke XB30 Pro- Tack driver ....
Axe 340 Raid / Hawke XB30 Compact - ....
xcaliber

Re: Matrix Built in Dry Fire Inhibitor?

Post by xcaliber »

It is not with the standard package. The ADF is an add on on the 355/330/310 models. If it was not installed, and you paid for it, call them up. It is easy to see if you have one. There would be two latch sets onder the scope mount.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
hunt2sleep

Post by hunt2sleep »

The 355 doesn't come with the Guardian although your vendor may have installed it. Does your bow have a sort of T-shaped thing above the safety that you can push on? You can also look in front of the trigger claws that hold the string when cocked and see a latch sticking down into the rail. If you don't have those things you don't have a Guardian.
Phoenix
Matrix 380 Xtra
Exomax
Matrix G340
Klingons do not hunt because they need food. The hunt is a ritual that reminds us of where we come from. - Lieutenant Worf
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Where are you from, and who did you purchase it from?

Ron.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I wonder if this was someone's marketing ploy? The guardian adf is all I'm aware of. Maybe their idea of a dry fire inhibitor = safety mechanism. :?

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

BrotherRon wrote:Where are you from, and who did you purchase it from?

Ron.

....and why not enter this information in your registration buck if you plan on sticking around and join the campfire!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Buck

Post by Buck »

Pine Archery shipped from West Virginia. Updated location, I see you are close. I plan on sticking around..... Thanks
Buck

Post by Buck »

paulaboutform wrote:I wonder if this was someone's marketing ploy? The guardian adf is all I'm aware of. Maybe their idea of a dry fire inhibitor = safety mechanism. :?

Paul
I am thinking the same thing.... The safety could be considered anything.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Buck wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:I wonder if this was someone's marketing ploy? The guardian adf is all I'm aware of. Maybe their idea of a dry fire inhibitor = safety mechanism. :?

Paul
I am thinking the same thing.... The safety could be considered anything.

....ah Zone 9....that's where we hunt in the early season....Flanders...move off to Peters Valley for the regular bow....

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Buck

Post by Buck »

Yes, early bow is good here. Maybe a 1 week window. Then it's back on late October/early November.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Buck wrote:Yes, early bow is good here. Maybe a 1 week window. Then it's back on late October/early November.
....yep, we got a doe and a basket 7...and then the lights went out!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
DeathMerchant

Post by DeathMerchant »

This seller sounds like Pine Mountain Archery in West Virginia. This is the same seller that runs the ads for the "Excalibur Matrix 380 Black Crossbow" which was a special run of ALL black 380 Matrix Crossbows by Excalibur. I have never seen them anywhere else but from this seller. The catch is that he uses the stock photo of a Matrix 380 Blackout which is not all black like the ones he sells. Misleading advertising to say the least. Perhaps this is a similar situation?? I sent my Matrix 380 Black back to him and he did refund my money including shipping both ways but still, the process is a pain in the butt not to mention lost time.
Matrix 380 Blackout
HHA Optimizer Speed Dial, Air Brakes, DR Kit, TriggerTech SS
Vixen II (Wifes)
Semper Fi
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....for the life of me I cannot comprehend how Excalibur can sanction one dealer to sell Excalibur products utilizing verbiage that is NOT Excalibur provided (i.e use of "built in dry fire inhibitor" versus ADF)...if Pine Mountain Archery is providing an add on it should be clearly stated as a Pine Archery addition and not give the potential purchaser the idea that it is Excalibur provided...

....the same goes true of their use of the words "all black Matrix 380" utilizing an actual 380 Blackout stock photograph...it is NOT a "blackout" as one might believe when reading the ad and looking at the image provided...

....in it's simplest form it is deceptive advertisement and causes confusion in the marketplace in its worst form it could provide the basis for a lawsuit especially if Pine Mountain Archery is providing add ons which could possibly void a warranty and Excalibur has done nothing to stop it...

....to me this is an example of poor business practice by Excalibur for allowing this confusion to exist...

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
DeathMerchant

Post by DeathMerchant »

That's exactly right Anthony! This guy at Pine Mountain has a few strange things going on besides the Matrix 380 all black and the ADF issues, he sells 335 Micros with the Twilight DLX scope instead of the Dead Zone that is offered everywhere else in the lite stuff package.
Having had one of the Matrix 380 all black units in my hand before sending it back. It certainly did look like it had come from the factory with the usual PN sticker of 3800. You could see where a sticker had been placed next to it with the letters BLK. It was packaged just like all Excalibur crossbows are.
There is a thread concerning this 380 BLK issue on Archery Talk whereby someone contacted Excalibur customer service to see if these were in fact Excalibur factory products. At first they were told no and then received a call back the next day saying yes they were but they were a special run.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthrea ... +380+black
It sure would be interesting to have someone from Excalibur clear this up. These are still being sold by Pine Mountain and have be en for a while. It must have been a fairly large special run. I wonder why Excalibur decided to do this and what these bows really are?? Are they blemishes in the anodize or other finish problems??
I know when I sent mine back, Pine Mountain told me that most guys keep them as they are happy to have gotten a matrix 380 at that price, painted or not. The prices run around $700 - $800 depending upon the auction outcome.
I guess they might be happy until the paint starts wearing off of the top of the rails or they run across someone that has a real Matrix 380 Blackout
Matrix 380 Blackout
HHA Optimizer Speed Dial, Air Brakes, DR Kit, TriggerTech SS
Vixen II (Wifes)
Semper Fi
Buck

Post by Buck »

I closely examined the bow and there is nothing that resembles what can be described as a Dry Fire inhibitor. I checked the Bay and they continue to advertise the "Dry Fire Inhibitor" as an included feature. I emailed them for clearification asking if they considered the Safety as being the inhibitor, no response yet. Will update when/if I hear back.