Micro 335 Brace Height

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Orion

Micro 335 Brace Height

Post by Orion »

I've seen posts to the brace height on 380's. Is this something to look for as well with the 335?? If so can someone explain what to look for, if any pics to explain etc..
I just picked up a new Micro 335 this weekend..

Thanks to all for all the info!!
Micro 335
Nikon Bolt XR
16.5 Quills
Slick Trick 150's
Bolt Cutter 150's
Munch Mount
huntinwi

Re: Micro 335 Brace Height

Post by huntinwi »

I keep my string 1/4 inch off of bumpers.
Or about 1/8 inch behind line on rail.
You need a stringing aid to remove string to adjust brace height.
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Orion,
you want your string behind the scribed line on the rail, towards the trigger side of that line...How far behind the line is up to you. I like it about a string thickness behind it.
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.... First of all Orion... Thank you for your service to the US and keeping us out of harms way....I have a lot of respect for the military...

....as to BH in the 335....you will notice a line that goes across the rail...I keep my string just behind (scope side) of the line maintaining that as my BH...I am sure others will chime in with their thoughts!

....congrats on purchasing a great little powerhouse!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I also keep my servin behind the line, i want it visable when i look at it
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Orion

Post by Orion »

"Anthony", Thank you for the kind words, "I appreciate it" and to everyone who responded to my thread. I have owned two previous Excaliburs the older (ExoMag and a Exocet) but had given them to my son and I won a Tenpoint in a raffle and sold it and came back to Excalibur. So I appoligize in forgeting what the brace height was. This 335 sure is nice though.!! Now I got to figure out what broadhead to go with and weight. Thanks again to all!!
Micro 335
Nikon Bolt XR
16.5 Quills
Slick Trick 150's
Bolt Cutter 150's
Munch Mount
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Orion... Arras and BH's are alway fun to jaw about with everyone having their tried and true recipe... There are so many factors that go into the equation and there are some who have never wavered from the standard issue "quills" which come with the 335 along with Excalibur Boltcutters... They have had great results and wonder what the fuss is all about with us tinkerers!....

.... The tinkerers are broken down into two groups... Those who make their own arras and those who reach out to craftsmen like Big John and Jerry at South Shore Archery....

.... Ask away, there are many on here who are much more knowledgeable than myself!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

The reason I tend to keep a little space between the bumpers and string . Is it is easier on the bumpers . You don`t tend to cut them in half . :shock:
As for arrows and broadhead combo`s . Personal choice . There definitely are some combo`s I have found don`t work for me . For whatever reason Thunderheads and crossbow arrows don`t work for me . They used to work great on my compound .
I always go back to the car scenario . You can buy a Camaro and keep it stock . Or modify it with all kind of accessories . That is the joy of owning something that add-ons are available . :D
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
SummitSitter

Post by SummitSitter »

Do you want the string behind the scribed line on a Matrix 355 also? For my CB to string to be set at 1/4" off the bumpers, the string is slightly behind the scribed line...closer to the trigger.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Yes. On the matrix line you want to maintain at least 1/4"
Away from the bumpers. If your BH gets too low it may put extra stress on the limb tips.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
SummitSitter

Post by SummitSitter »

Thanks Keith. I'm waiting for you to send me that invoice for the new CB strings. Looking forward to seeing those "Matrix 355" color strings in person!
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

1/8" above the BH mark on my rail,, when it hits the mark,,, give it one twist your good for months with a good flemish string!

I also set my strings in when new. I install them and set the Brace height 1/8" high as usual and cock them overnight 12 to 16 hours, a couple nights usually,, then I don't shoot it, I let it down with the cocking rope, reset if needed, (it usually is) and this seems to require less adjusting later!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
sadonetoo

Post by sadonetoo »

I must first say I love my Micro 335. With that said, I feel that for what one costs and the adjustments etc. that may be needed to be done, a string release aid should have come with it. I did find a great youtube video showing how a fellow made one for another recurve crossbow make. Sorry I do not have the link, but it is easily found.
jmeckel

Post by jmeckel »

I just purchased a Micro 335, there are no string position lines at all on the rail, do I just keep the string 1/4" from the rubber pads? Is there an actual measurement from the front of the rail?
Boo

Post by Boo »

jmeckel wrote:I just purchased a Micro 335, there are no string position lines at all on the rail, do I just keep the string 1/4" from the rubber pads? Is there an actual measurement from the front of the rail?
One quarter inch is a good starting point. But don't think it's the only place. Play with the brace height. A few things change when you vary it.
Some people just like stepping on rakes