Why So Many Crossbows?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TheBig1

Re: Why So Many Crossbows?

Post by TheBig1 »

Turkey Ninja wrote:I noticed that too. Y'all boys collect some crossbows! I do the same with TURKEY GUNS, so I guess I can't fault y'all too much.

LOL We all have our collections. I just wanted to be sure if that were the case for crossbows also.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Rusty Gate....

I can tell you that the 310 is a sweet little crossbow.
For someone with my limitations it is very easy to cock for an afternoon of shooting and will take down any deer or bear that I would be hunting.
I also looked over a Grizzly yesterday while I was at Dunhams and it looks like a very nice crossbow as well.
Last edited by BrotherRon on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem. Like said, it is a nasty addiction! :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Honestly, I have two nephews in the Military that love hunting, if they get a chance to drop in during the season, I always have one for them to hunt with. This way, they travel light! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Turkey Ninja

Post by Turkey Ninja »

xcaliber wrote:Honestly, I have two nephews in the Military that love hunting, if they get a chance to drop in during the season, I always have one for them to hunt with. This way, they travel light! :wink:
Hey, now that's about as good of a reason as they come!
“If you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.” -John Wayne
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I've heard say 'Beware the man that has one bow!' Hmmmm. Well, no need to beware of me. :mrgreen: Initially, I didn't even want a crossbow. I was a competitive 3D guy and avid bowhunter, compound only. A good friend was off work and hard up for cash so I bought his Exomax. It sat in my shop for over two years collecting dust. I had a hog hunt planned and couldn't shoot a bow so I used the Exomax. That was the most expensive injury I had because after my first animal taken I became like a complete crossbow junkie. Traded the max and got a 380 and fully customized it. Put together another Exomax from a vixen and exo series rail and blacked it all out, that's the project bow. Had a stock made and found a 405 rail to use and there's the new hunting beast. Wholesale Sports was blowing out their old exo series bows and the price on the Equinox was too good to pass up. Got a great deal on a beautiful Y25 stock that will go on my Blackomax and before you know it, voila! 4 crossbows. It kinda snuck up on me because my intention was maximum one thinking I'd never even use it. Well, beware man with just one bow. It can sneak up on you and before you know it, you're a crossbow junkie. Just like that, easy peasy! :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
kd8jgu

Post by kd8jgu »

I have 4 xbows in the house
I have 1 that I hunt with mainly
1 the wife hunts with
the other 2 the grandsons use
or to be honest I can not have enough Excaliburs in the house
May my aim be true and my arrow fly straight

Micro 335 (Porky's Piglet)
Stock string
Quill
125 grain ACTs/Boltcutters

MagAir
Stock string
Quill
125 ACTs/Boltcutters
Rusty Gate

Post by Rusty Gate »

BrotherRon wrote:Rusty Gate....

I can tell you that the 310 is a sweet little crossbow.
For someone with my limitations it is very easy to cock for an afternoon of shooting and will take down any deer or bear that I would be hunting.
I also looked over a Grizzly yesterday while I was at Dunhams and it looks like a very nice crossbow as well.
I hear you BrotherRon! That little gem is a top draft pick! Think I'm going to hold off till after the season and see if I can pick up a gently used one from someone looking to upgrade! we'll see If I can hold out! LOL!
wabi

Post by wabi »

I have only the old Phoenix with it's non-matching stock & limbs. They don't match because it the 3rd set of limbs (exchanged because a splinter popped up). I've had it since the Phoenix became available (10 years?), and both times the limbs had problems I was able to cut the splinter off and keep shooting 'till season ended. The exchange took 4-5 days total by contacting Danny Miller who is in the same state I live in.
Only modifications are the removal of the DBs, the addition of a cheap slip-on rubber but pad to increase the length of pull to fit me better, and a Boo dacron flemish string (that I've only had to adjust the length of once in two years).
A recent picture of what it does best - put the arrow exactly where I want it to go!
wabi
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I have two bows. My trusty and very deadly Vortex and a Phoenix that I bought for my wife and daughters to shoot.

I`m always thinking about another bow but there`s always something higher on the want/need list that pops up first. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
No One

Post by No One »

I only own one and really thats all I want. I am like you just got into the crossbow and hunting thing last spring. While doing research it lead me to Excalibur video on utube. Then I fell in love with simpleness of this crossbow.
Matrix 405 Mega ( Sledgehammer )
Black Eagle Executioners
125 gr Grim Reaper Razor Cut.
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

For back up is number one reason.

But also more fun

Plain and simple
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
vpsaline

Post by vpsaline »

I'm hunting with an older gentlemen who initiated me recently to big game hunting as well as turkey hunting. Needless to say, I want to repay the favor, so I purchased a Grizzly for him to borrow because he wasn't ready to make the jump to crossbow hunting on his own. These excals really hold their value so I didn't mind purchasing a second bow.
Micro_335 - Nikon Bolt XR - 15.5'' Zombies - Killzone 100GR
Matrix G340 - Nikon Bolt XR - Muzzy 100GR
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

Hi, my name's Jeff, and I'm an Excalibur-aholic.
Seriously though, I started out with a used Exomax and killed a bunch of stuff with it, and I decided to "upgrade" to a Matrix 380 and keep my Exomax as a back up. My Dad had a Ibex that I ended up with after he died last year, and when the Micro came out, I just had to try one and love it too.

I'm probably going to end up selling my Exomax and Ibex, and I'll keep the M380 for my son to use and as a back up to my Micro.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Harley has a tee shirt that says.." If I have to explain it.....You wouldn't understand" nuff said. I have been a verrrry good boy this year, thinning the herd a touch, and am down to 7. :shock: