Why So Many Crossbows?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maine hunter

Re: Why So Many Crossbows?

Post by maine hunter »

There like lays potato chips, can't just have one!!! We have four!! Vortex, 355,310,vixen ll. :D :lol:
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

While I'd like to have many my Vortex has served me well. I drool looking at the new stuff but my bow still puts meat on the table.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I feel for all you guy's that buy bow and have no need for them. If I was that way I would get help. Fortunetly I am not like these other guys and don't feel like it makes much sense to own a bow another bow if you really don't need it!!

I have a Mad Max, I have this setup for open country and treestands in early season, but I needed the same bow so I was used to it in these situations for late season when things change and the snow flies. Thisngs are more wide open then and the snow camo is very much needed..

But I hunt thickets and very tight cover often and needed something for tight places, so I had to have something scaled down, that is why I bought a Micro, but being thrifty I decided to go with a camo pattern that would work good not only in early season, but work fairly well in late season in snowy conditions as well. So instead of doing like many here and buying two Micros, I sent mine in and had it custom camos just to keep with my thrifty ways!!!

I try and stand by this thrifty trend I have become accustomed to when it comes to fishing, and even though I fish for Smallmouth and Walleye I have learned to scale back and be reasonable using outfits for setup for certain conditions and techniques for both species instead of haveing one for bass and one for walleye, I just don't see buying outfits when I already have one that will work. this has been all I needed usually.

I for one don't understand how some can need so many tools to do the same job,,,,,, :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

wildcatter wrote:I feel for all you guy's that buy bow and have no need for them. If I was that way I would get help. Fortunetly I am not like these other guys and don't feel like it makes much sense to own a bow another bow if you really don't need it!!

I have a Mad Max, I have this setup for open country and treestands in early season, but I needed the same bow so I was used to it in these situations for late season when things change and the snow flies. Thisngs are more wide open then and the snow camo is very much needed..

But I hunt thickets and very tight cover often and needed something for tight places, so I had to have something scaled down, that is why I bought a Micro, but being thrifty I decided to go with a camo pattern that would work good not only in early season, but work fairly well in late season in snowy conditions as well. So instead of doing like many here and buying two Micros, I sent mine in and had it custom camos just to keep with my thrifty ways!!!

I try and stand by this thrifty trend I have become accustomed to when it comes to fishing, and even though I fish for Smallmouth and Walleye I have learned to scale back and be reasonable using outfits for setup for certain conditions and techniques for both species instead of haveing one for bass and one for walleye, I just don't see buying outfits when I already have one that will work. this has been all I needed usually.

I for one don't understand how some can need so many tools to do the same job,,,,,, :wink:
Lol Now I completely understand. :lol:
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

LOl....You need at least three more reels... :lol: :lol: :lol:

and where are the backup spools for the bait casters??

Seriously, nice collection..
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
DeathMerchant

Post by DeathMerchant »

You guys are lucky in Ohio, here in Oregon we are only allowed one rod per angler. What do you do if you get more than one fish on at a time??
Matrix 380 Blackout
HHA Optimizer Speed Dial, Air Brakes, DR Kit, TriggerTech SS
Vixen II (Wifes)
Semper Fi
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

DeathMerchant wrote:You guys are lucky in Ohio, here in Oregon we are only allowed one rod per angler. What do you do if you get more than one fish on at a time??
In PA your allowed 3 rods or hooks in the water at once not to include treble hooks. Bot when bass fishing you're only using one rod at a time. You just have so many because each one is rigged for a specific technique or bait. It saves cutting and retying your line constantly as well as each rod having a different action and length.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
Boo

Post by Boo »

flightattendant100 wrote:Harley has a tee shirt that says.." If I have to explain it.....You wouldn't understand" nuff said. I have been a verrrry good boy this year, thinning the herd a touch, and am down to 7. :shock:
You need help! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Boo wrote:
flightattendant100 wrote:Harley has a tee shirt that says.." If I have to explain it.....You wouldn't understand" nuff said. I have been a verrrry good boy this year, thinning the herd a touch, and am down to 7. :shock:
You need help! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lol
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Image[/URL] i drink at home i dont go to da bar i dont gamble . Ive worked since i was 12 im 50 now my house is now paid off after 30 fu...........n looong years. Fishing n hunting is my addiction. Its kinda cool i have soo many fishing poles guns n bows my wife is so confused that she dosnt even ask any more . Its like a conditioning process . We got this saying dont question the qvc box she wont question the cabellas or bass pro box . ..seriously ive had some tough times raising the girls n i had weeks were i couldnt afford a six pack at the end a the week . Hopefully thats in the past now. We got fat now you cant take money to heaven or hell with you
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

longbow joe wrote:Image[/URL] i drink at home i dont go to da bar i dont gamble . Ive worked since i was 12 im 50 now my house is now paid off after 30 fu...........n looong years. Fishing n hunting is my addiction. Its kinda cool i have soo many fishing poles guns n bows my wife is so confused that she dosnt even ask any more . Its like a conditioning process . We got this saying dont question the qvc box she wont question the cabellas or bass pro box . ..seriously ive had some tough times raising the girls n i had weeks were i couldnt afford a six pack at the end a the week . Hopefully thats in the past now. We got fat now you cant take money to heaven or hell with you
QVC box, now that's funny.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

She never looks in the rod lockers in the boat its foreign territory for her thats were we keep the good stuff.... lolololol
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

longbow joe wrote:She never looks in the rod lockers in the boat its foreign territory for her thats were we keep the good stuff.... lolololol
Lol Not my wife, she loves bass fishing. She loves being on the boat just like my daughter. I don't know where I'd be able to hide another crossbow. I have a hard enough time storing the one that I have now.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I had to have the new Micro once I put my hands on one. Otherwise my 10 year old ExoMax is still finding its way to the woods with my kids. If I do decide to go out in WV I'll be carrying the ExoMax because of the 18" minimum arrow length limit. I have my arrows cut down to 15.5" in my Micro.

Why so many? To meet the regulations of each of the states I hunt in.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Eck

Post by Eck »

Some of us come by it very innocently. I started with a 2nd hand E-Mag about 10 years ago. It's all the bow I need, honestly - accurate and powerful. A few weeks ago, in a moment of weakness, after reading all of the glowing reports of the Micro 335 I ordered one. I gussied it up with a Munch Mount and Nikon Bolt, and strings and arrows by Xcaliber.

It's a sweet rig - light and handy, punches above its weight, and very accurate. The E Mag seems HUGE now when I shoot it! I should probably sell the old bow, but it shoots (very) well, and I have probably 18 arrows for it that still shoot sub minute-of-deer heart at 30 yards. It's paid for, so it'll stay in the stable. I might even put a Nikon Bolt on it as well, seeing the difference in brightness over the old Varizone.

Now all I need to do is not buy a Matrix . . .!!!
Micro 335
Matrix 380
Boofest 2016 Matrix 330
Trigger Techs all around
125 gr. QAD Exodus (Micro) 100 gr Slicks otherwise
Strings by Vixenmaster
Arrows by Xcaliber