Why So Many Crossbows?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TheBig1

Why So Many Crossbows?

Post by TheBig1 »

Alright folks, please excuse the possibly stupid question, but why do many of you have multiple crossbows in various models? Is it just that it's your favorite hobby? Just because you can? Or what?

And I don't say this lightly, but for me to buy the Grizzly given the price isn't an easy venture to do let alone plan on buying my next one to have an extra. Maybe to upgrade and sell the Grizzly, but not to have two or more.

So again, what is it? Please forgive me if you feel offended or put on the spot, that's not my intentions. I truly want to know.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
amythntr

Re: Why So Many Crossbows?

Post by amythntr »

....If you really must know.....we are all members of EA...yes EA...I hope you never have to be part of it or attend our meetings....Excalibur's Anonymous is for those of us who have spent more than we should have on new models...

....it's a terrible addiction...please don't tell anyone! :oops: :oops: :shock:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

For me, I always believe in a backup, and even though I have two Micro's, I also have a spare set of limbs for them as well.. Plus I like shooting different bows all the time... It's funny, I'm becoming bored with the Micros and am waiting for the newest release from Excalibur and if I don't like anything,I might get the new Bowtech Prodigy.... I like gear and I like to shoot so... That's me though...

Ed

Please don't ask me about Bass fishing and the 40 rods and reels and tackle boxes full of stuff that would make Dicks look under stocked... lol
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
TPM

Post by TPM »

I've been shooting the same Phoenix for almost 10 years. It's the only crossbow I've ever owned. I've often thought about getting a second one and having one set up for hunting and one for target work but quite frankly my Phoenix does both of those things well so I see no point in replacing it.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Coon Gravy

Post by Coon Gravy »

I'd probably buy a second one once the boy gets big enough for a hand me down. I would like to get a set of replacement limbs though, I think that's a good idea. The beauty of the recurve!
Grizzly & 355
Keystone & Copenhagen
Go Big Red!
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

I can,t really answer that question! :D Wife doesn,t say much so bring on somemore :lol: We each have a 2 backups :lol: :D :D
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I am a beat up old guy 5' 4" 150 dripping wet that has had back & hernia surgery. I bought the 310 for my first crossbow and it is a joy to shoot all afternoon and doesn't wear me out. I bought the 330 to hunt with and only shoot it enough to keep my confidence with it at a high level. I wouldn't want to cock the 330 all afternoon shooting as it starts to wear on my surgeries a bit. Some day I will probably purchase an older model (Phoenix) just to have one.
Some people collect guns... I collect excaliburs and strings for them. :lol:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I had 4 @ one time.

Then 3.

Then 2.

Now one!

I have yet to post what I am shooting now. One more upgrade and I will show it off...LOL

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Ok, I guess I'm starting to understand. Like Brother Ron said, some collect guns others collect crossbows. I guess it's a passion for most. A passion I'm quickly falling into. :lol:

GrassyKnoll wrote:Please don't ask me about Bass fishing and the 40 rods and reels and tackle boxes full of stuff that would make Dicks look under stocked... lol
Don't even get me started on bass fishing stuff. I have the same problem! My bass boat can't hold all of my gear. Although I've only got about 10 rods.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I really can't answer yer ?. I am a very sick puppy as i sold 6 Excals last yr to purchase 3 new crossbows. Since then i have sold one Excal n traded one fer anutter Excal Micro. So i am short one of my 3. I plan on buyin anudder used Excal Matrix 380 i reckon it will be :lol: Sides i own 1 rifle but need no more of them. I seldom ever shoot it anymore
Last edited by vixenmaster on Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Normous

Post by Normous »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:I had 4 @ one time.

Then 3.

Then 2.

Now one!

I have yet to post what I am shooting now. One more upgrade and I will show it off...LOL

Jeff
Gonna show off your good LOOKING crossbow?
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Normous wrote:
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:I had 4 @ one time.

Then 3.

Then 2.

Now one!

Jeff
Gonna show off your good LOOKING crossbow?
Yes sir. Just waiting for the last piece of the puzzle!!

;)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I currently own 4

one is a collector, an original relayer
have a Y25 to compliment it,
a 380 as a primary hunting bow
& a vixen that i intend to keep for the kids

Thats just the crossbows, i have other archery stuffs. I just love it too much
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Rusty Gate

Post by Rusty Gate »

Currently I only own a 405. However a second one is in the cards for two reasons. For one a backup is nice to have, and number two is that apparently the 405 is such a wanton killer that some states have imposed a 200lb draw weight limit....and of course I hunt in one of those states, NY. A 310 is looking sweet, but that Eclipse XT is interesting, but not a lot of feedback on it yet....decisions, decisions! :D

RG
Turkey Ninja

Post by Turkey Ninja »

I noticed that too. Y'all boys collect some crossbows! I do the same with TURKEY GUNS, so I guess I can't fault y'all too much.
“If you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.” -John Wayne