Titanium hardware packages available

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

CrazyAce

Re: Titanium hardware packages available

Post by CrazyAce »

racking up points wrote:
CrazyAce wrote:It's a good kit.

ONE point of irritation for me. Ok so you have the ability to fix a problem but keep the, imho, flawed problem. IE the scope mount screws. You can use a bigger size Allen since there is plenty of material to support it, or make it a beefer screw head - but you go with the same bad size/design that the original had. They strip just as easy and can be a problem to get a solid tight fit with. Had they opened the screw head to the next size allen or even made it a allen/finger screw in design to beef up the walls of the screw would have been great!

I need to look on their site and find a same size thread/length in a beefier design.

2coppers worth
This point was well taken and a redesign has been underway since I received my kits a few months ago, and they should be done very soon, possibly even done already. We did not want to go to socket cap screws, the higher profile rubs and gouges the plastic of the rope cocker hooks. The improved scope mount screws will be one size larger on the Allen socket, and a few mm's deeper to provide for a beefier, more strip resistant head, while not interfering with cocking. Thanks for the feedback.
Link to new hardware? please :D
-SnotRocket-
Matrix 405
DLX scope
TriggerTech 2.5#
DrStirrup rig
8ptbuk, vixenmaster, Boo Flemish String
Zombie Slayer, Executioner
Wabi Call
racking up points

Re: Titanium hardware packages available

Post by racking up points »