Question about new strings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cibby

Question about new strings

Post by Cibby »

I bought 2 new strings after getting my Grizzly in early July. One was the same color as the string that came on it. The other was autumn orange both were Excalibur brand strings same part number both said they were for Matrix Grizzly. The string that is same color as the original I put on an had no trouble the autumn orange string is slightly shorter just enough I could not get it on. Do I simply adjust the stringer for this or just forget about using it. This may seem like a stupid question but I guess I'm new enough to these crossbows to ask a stupid question..
kd8jgu

Re: Question about new strings

Post by kd8jgu »

I had the same thing
Just slightly adjust stringer
It will stretch
May my aim be true and my arrow fly straight

Micro 335 (Porky's Piglet)
Stock string
Quill
125 grain ACTs/Boltcutters

MagAir
Stock string
Quill
125 ACTs/Boltcutters
Boo

Re: Question about new strings

Post by Boo »

Cibby wrote:I bought 2 new strings after getting my Grizzly in early July. One was the same color as the string that came on it. The other was autumn orange both were Excalibur brand strings same part number both said they were for Matrix Grizzly. The string that is same color as the original I put on an had no trouble the autumn orange string is slightly shorter just enough I could not get it on. Do I simply adjust the stringer for this or just forget about using it. This may seem like a stupid question but I guess I'm new enough to these crossbows to ask a stupid question..
Yep, do the obvious, shorten the stringer. But I think you figured that one out already and were just confirming.
Some people just like stepping on rakes