Does it really make sense?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Green380

Re: Does it really make sense?

Post by Green380 »

It's true it's human nature. When I didn't have a chance to get everything lined up to start hunting this year in August I figured I'd just plan on making the season in 2016. But then things started to come together and now I'm thinking...hmm might get a few days in this year. I have much to learn may as well start now. :lol:
That being said if you wait till the last minute don't expect instant service...I've found everyone I've dealt with so far most helpful.
Just wait till the first snow the tire places won't be able to mount all the snow tires and people will wait in line for hours.
Cityboy

Post by Cityboy »

being new to the hunt i made sure i had all my ducks in a row for an Oct. 1st opener, by the end of August. everything except the 4 arrows xcaliber made for me in Sept.
but that was because i lost 4 or 5 while practicing and i had cheapo Beaman arrows.
also a carpenter, ive seen many folks wait last minute to get things squared away for winter and then get pissy when ya cant show up next day.
"never fry bacon naked"
Cibby

Post by Cibby »

I worked part time in an archery shop in the mid 90's. The week before the PA archery season was always crazy. So many people brought there bows in to have new rests, sights or cables and strings replaced. Plus selling new compounds and trying to get them set up.,We fletched arrows non stop and cutting new ones and installing inserts. Rifle season was just the same. I like to start getting my own archery gear together in July. That when I bought my Grizzly and by Oct.3rd I was pretty comfortable with it.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I never do anything for the present year. Bought a new 33 1/2 foot trailer last month for next summer. Knew last fall what I needed for this year. All my bows are always ready to go on the drop of a dime. Four or five shots to line up broadheads and that is about it. When I need something for hunting I always try to buy in December when prices are down because of people needing money for Christmas. Most of my bows and a couple crossbows were all bought in December. Again it is always for next years hunting season.
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

I was basically ready to go before my limb let loose so once I got it fixed and then installed the Dr.Stirrup setup minus the stirrup I just tweaked what needed to be tweaked.

Now, ile through a few downrange just to stay sharp shooting wise
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
Jeeper

Post by Jeeper »

My equipment is fine .. I did order a stirng but i new in advance i wouldnt get it till the hunting season was over .. You posted that somplace .. Its all good Go hunting or you're going to go nuts.. Im sure everyone will make it !
Thanks for everything you do!!!
Micro
Jack pine string
15" 2219 with 125 grain spitfires
Hawke scope
TT single stage trigger
Jeeper

Post by Jeeper »

My equipment is fine .. I did order a stirng but i new in advance i wouldnt get it till the hunting season was over .. You posted that somplace .. Its all good Go hunting or you're going to go nuts.. Im sure everyone will make it !
Thanks for everything you do!!!
Micro
Jack pine string
15" 2219 with 125 grain spitfires
Hawke scope
TT single stage trigger