Does it really make sense?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Does it really make sense?

Post by Boo »

Does it really make sense to give your bow and other hunting equipment a shake down a couple of weeks or less before hunting season?
You guys have no idea what number of requests I got in the last month. I'm getting 5 to 10 emails every day. Some of you guys are nutz waiting until the day before! :shock: Talking to Danny the other night and he's constantly on the run pretty near til 10 pm getting orders packaged for shipping. I called him at 7 pm and he said "your number is the only one I'll answer". Then I called him at 9:45 pm and I could still hear his tape gun going! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Crazy enough, the bow sales are quite brisk at the moment and of course warranties are keeping him busier than in the summer. Go figure :mrgreen:
Notice all the newbies asking about solving issues with their newly bought bows recently?
Ok, the topping as it were on the cake. Some of these last minute people are very upset when it's a no go or when things take longer than expected! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The definition of madness. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results! :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, you last minutes guys are not bad people. You punish yourselves in the end and we are all here to help. Just don't bad mouth anyone but yourselves.
My home at Booville is ready enough to move some stuff for temporary storage and it will take me a bit to get my room set up after the rest of the house is functional. So I'll be busy for the next couple of months but still happy to help anyone in need. :D I guess I can kiss this season goodbye :shock:
I'm not bitching, I'm laughing!
So the question begs, when did you start checking out your equipment and what did you do to further yourself for hunting?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
TheBig1

Re: Does it really make sense?

Post by TheBig1 »

For me the obsession, upgrading, and ordering began about 2 months ago or so. I hope no one that I dealt with feels as if I waited until the last minute. I always try to remain calm and patient when awaiting a product in the mail even though I want to drive to Canada to pick something up.

The last piece of my puzzle was my XB30 PRO which took about a week and a half because of a mess up. I've been completely set for about 2 weeks now with nothing further to get. Although I do want that camera mount that's listed in the Trading forum.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
wabi

Post by wabi »

I checked my equipment the night before season opened and I think I need a new string. Could you have one done for me by tomorrow?

Just kidding Don! :lol: :lol:

I usually double check my sight-in/accuracy a couple weeks before season, anything needing replaced (like a string or arrows) would have been taken care of at the end of the past season.
Other than an emergency (like a limb breaking) I try to have things covered (spare string, spare arrows, etc.) for the duration of the season.
wabi
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

I can only imagine the frustration that you guys are going through. I want to get on the list for one of your strings and there are some items that I want from Mr. Miller as well. I had already decided to hold off until well after the first of year before I placed any orders, as these items are "wants". I hope it levels out for you guys soon and you can get out there and sling some arras.

Post by newbie »

Hey im one of thoae giys you see Christmas eve in the mall!
Buy NOT when it comes to getting ready for hunting i was ready in January :mrgreen:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I stay ready since I shoot at least once a week most of the time.
I may do a little experimenting/tinkering, but have my stuff ready to go at the drop of a hat. :mrgreen:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I check my stuff all year round, as such I shot out the serving on my #1 string, and just before season opener too! DOH!

Automotive is the same way, Monday is a holiday, everyone just remembered they need their car fixed by the end of this week...
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Boo

Post by Boo »

one shot scott wrote:I check my stuff all year round, as such I shot out the serving on my #1 string, and just before season opener too! DOH!

Automotive is the same way, Monday is a holiday, everyone just remembered they need their car fixed by the end of this week...
Don't get me started Neil!!!
bdog

Post by bdog »

For me, its ongoing all year round with all my equipment, I like to have spares of everything for everything, and when I don't have it and need it and I have to make a call and wait for what I need, I beat myself up for that, not the person I just called for what I need
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

So BOO, ya got me thinking about your dilemma of not having a season caused by other peoples "emergencies".

When they send you a bow to be repaired, tweaked, looked at etc, instead of sending it back right away, take it out hunting for a day for "testing".

This way you get to go hunting while being able to say that their bow is now "field proven".

Win Win for everyone!!
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

StormDragon wrote:So BOO, ya got me thinking about your dilemma of not having a season caused by other peoples "emergencies".

When they send you a bow to be repaired, tweaked, looked at etc, instead of sending it back right away, take it out hunting for a day for "testing".

This way you get to go hunting while being able to say that their bow is now "field proven".

Win Win for everyone!!
X2 :lol:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Boo

Post by Boo »

StormDragon wrote:So BOO, ya got me thinking about your dilemma of not having a season caused by other peoples "emergencies".

Win Win for everyone!!
No you silly Jerseyian! :mrgreen: Archery is not my business. I just have my fingers in it way too deep. :shock: I own an operate a shop with 5 guys, repairing cars and it's getting busy! The main reason I won't be hunting is because of moving into a newly built house. I won't have any place to set up string making, arrow building and a place for my hunting stuff. It will all be in a box for a couple of months until everything else is done.
Coon Gravy

Post by Coon Gravy »

Boys don't grow up, our toys just get more expensive. I really started out on the forums just looking around for info, and reading about the do's and don'ts and then it happened, the carrots started appearing all around. Flemish twist strings, BEE's/Slayers/aluminum XXXX, broadheads from every corner of the world, spare limbs, scope upgrades, omg, Danny Miller, should I wrap my sturrip in 550??, OMG, SOMEONE HELP ME because I am now totally not satisfied with this brand new awesome crossbow I just bought and is totally perfectly fine to go hunting with as it comes stock from the store because I think I need things I don't need for reasons I can't explain only because someone posted on the forum that they had it so it must be AWESOME!?!?!? and ultimately required for absolute deer hunting success. I'm guilty... hopefully not of the raging entitled consumer part, but the last minute thing, yerp!

Oh, congrats on the new house btw. That's quite an undertaking.
Grizzly & 355
Keystone & Copenhagen
Go Big Red!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo wrote:

Win Win for everyone!!
No you silly Jerseyian! :mrgreen: Archery is not my business. I just have my fingers in it way too deep. :shock: I own an operate a shop with 5 guys, repairing cars and it's getting busy! The main reason I won't be hunting is because of moving into a newly built house. I won't have any place to set up string making, arrow building and a place for my hunting stuff. It will all be in a box for a couple of months until everything else is done.
Can you hear the violin all the way from TEXAS???? :?
Boo

Post by Boo »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Boo wrote:

Win Win for everyone!!
Can you hear the violin all the way from TEXAS???? :?
Yep! LOL!