Treestands !!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: Treestands !!!

Post by xcaliber »

Tree Lounge is the Cadillac of Tree Stands, Bar None! I have killed a lot deer from mine, and slept like a baby many times coming off a long night at work, and early morning get up! Truly a great product from Mr. Tice, God Rest His Soul, Amen.
Since that time, there have been many good stands, and Summit has been the most advertised, and sold brand around, and not a bad product I might add. There were two that I thought were much better, and luckily I scooped one of each before they went bust.
First off, the Equalizer. Leveling ability, easy setup, and strong like Bull. Very comfortable as well.
[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... c.jpg.html]Image

Second goes to my current favorite, the Brute from Timber Tall, and unfortunately no longer selling stands! Quick setup, light weight, very stable, and adjustable for level on the climb. At 14.5 pounds, very nice for the long walks.

[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... 3.jpg.html]Image

Here it is with my Third hand universal bow holder in place yesterday.

[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... p.jpg.html]Image
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ohiobuck

Post by ohiobuck »

I have the cabelas summit viper. added the footrest. I am 6'3" 230. It is a bit tight in the shoulders. but not to the point I am constricted. weight is about 20#s so it is packable. I have been going in about a half mile. It climbs easily.
I used to drool over the tree lounge. It was out of my price range. Now I am just trying to keep my weight packing in down. I am getting older and out of shape. lol
Best of luck
Ed
grizzly72

Post by grizzly72 »

Thanks for all the great ideas.
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I have always used hang on stands until I started hunting with my brother in-law. We have a few ladder stands permanently installed, as well as a couple enclosed stands we built. My wife and her sister were checking out garage sales this summer and my wife sent me a text asking if 50. was too much for a couple of tree stands, I asked if it was 50.oo each or for both and she texted back that she got them both for 40.00. When she got home I saw that what she actually had was a Summit Python climbing stand that looks brand new. I have never used a climber before but will be trying this one out in a few days.

Ron.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Buszone

Post by Buszone »

When I hunted most of my life in the Pa. and WVA. mountains I always used climbers. I thinks the biggest advantage was I moved them easily and it help eliminate location burnout, where hang on and ladder stands deer will start to associate the location with danger if hunted to regularly. Gun hunting is different people pressure changes deer movement/caution. I have used two Amacker climbing stands since the 80's and I'm 6'1 and 265lb. Good luck in the keystone state! cant wait to get back.
335 Micro "THOR" as in "Thorin Oakenshield"
RamCat 125gr. AKA Battle Axe
NChunterKW Flemish String
15.5" Excalibur Dan Zombies
When it Flies something dies !