Delete Trapping Thread

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Delete Trapping Thread

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Note: The management of Excalibur Crossbow has deleted this topic. We want to keep topics on this forum to relate to crossbows, crossbow hunting and crossbow shooting. Thank you.

Kath T.

Re: Delete Trapping Thread

Post by Guest »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:Note: The management of Excalibur Crossbow has deleted this topic. We want to keep topics on this forum to relate to crossbows, crossbow hunting and crossbow shooting. Thank you.

Kath T.
Please all be advised of the above quote :!: Nothing to be posted if it is not CROSSBOW related :!:

As I do respect Bill T. & Kath T. and also hold no bad feelings towards the Excalibur Marketing Dude, and said the same in my deleted post I will abide to their wishes. If I should want to do any more posting on this forum it will be crossbow related only.

However R.J. I am sorry but you are wrong and also feel your post on the matter should also be removed. However that being said the pic's were crossbow related. :wink:

Not hiding under guest either, had no intention of posting but you all are too good to leave :twisted:

GaryL
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Gary : Sorry you are taking this all so personal ? The bottom line is the moderator deleted 2 threads that happend to be on the topic of trapping . The threads brought some good debate , but most of all a bunch of unwanted arguing and crap , so they got deleted .

You started another thread re: trapping and now you are surprised it got deleted ??

But don't put words in their mouths ....
Please all be advised of the above quote Nothing to be posted if it is not CROSSBOW related
That's funny , I read it as ....
We want to keep topics on this forum to relate to crossbows, crossbow hunting and crossbow shooting. Thank you.
Those two quotes sound quite different in tone and phrase to me ....

Anyway .... you have had lots of good stuff posted on here over the years .... I was sorry to hear awhile ago that you had some health issues , and I wished you the best then ! I've also learned thru your posts that you have a sweet tooth for Relayers , I've also learned you are a gifted air brush painter ..... and so on ...... Bottom line is you are a crossbow shooter and therefore the above mentioned info is relative to that of a particular crossbow enthusiast and I don't beleive it would be considered material for deletion ?

Don't get bent out of shape because your last trapping thread got deleted .... it's just that the previous 2 threads brought on too much controversy , and I believe thats why Excal. decided to yank it ....

I'm sure all they want to do is get back to the way things where .....

Like I said before .... we have had many great info threads .... members field adventures .... members field pictures ..... members crossbow and equipment pictures .... and even some posts that revealed a personal side to many members ( favorite hockey team , recent mishaps and operations , special talents etc. )

Lets get back to those enjoyable subjects .... and less controversy !

Best to ya. on whatever site you go to .... and best to ya. in the upcoming season , which IMHO ... couldn't come soon enough !!

PS . I'm just coming off night shift , and heading to bed ....I just noticed the other thread you posted is at the top and seems to be getting hijacked with the same bickering that happend on the trapping thread .... if it keeps going , I guessing it might be gone by the time I wake up this afternoon .... and not because of the original subject ! So don't think it is a personal thing agaisnt you .....
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Thanks R.J. , But let me say my post was not about trapping per-say :roll: , only that I felt it was handled wrong and all we had too do as forum members was pay no heed to the thread and it would have went away. The first trapping threads were deleted ONLY because THREE members complained they did not like it. I can not prove what my post stated as it is now gone.

And yes this one will by no doublt be deleted also, but this time I truly do not care. Enough is enough, I stated my feelings about the matter and did not hide behind the guest thingy.

I also stated that to end the thread and Camper can confirm this, I said "ALL" please do not respond to the post any more and it would go away. And shucks it all most made it too the end and out of sight. :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

R.J. you may be right but what makes you so sure? When Bill T. pulled the Lebaron thread he gave a full explaination of why he did it. He also encuraged members to contact Lebarons and make their opinions known. I totally understood why he did it. This time you have said far more about why they deleted the thread then they have. The stated reasons are that it has nothing to do with crossbows. This has caused major problems because in the past you had to use profanity or something of the like to get deleted. It was pretty well an open forum. You believe they deleted it because it caused to much controversy and that they want things to get back to the way they were. You stated that not them. I think that most members are happy with the way things are and hope your right. Yes, a guest is at it again on another thread. If there should be changes around here it should be to get rid of the guest option.
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I just read the other posts. Yes, time to get on to better things.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Shakky : Thats just my take on it .... they may have had other reasons ... I don't know for sure ....

That's the thing about posts ... different people can read different things into it ....

I don't speak for Excalibur ... just posted my take on it !

I figured if they pulled 3 threads in a row .... there might have been something in common !

Anyway .... I've done more typing in the last couple of days then I've done in months .... I think I'll stick to taking pictures .... it's more fun !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "