Please remove me as a member

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GaryL

Please remove me as a member

Post by GaryL »

Thanks too all on the forum it has been good. However as my thread has been deleted I wish no longer to belong to this forum. I stated nothing wrong, I did nothing wrong.
Sincerely,
GaryL
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
gad

Post by gad »

GaryL.
Please, stay here.
You know what you are, you know that you don't do anything wrong. So, continues to give to another members here your contributions. It's important to us. You are important to the crossbower's community. Forget the bad things, stay for the good things.

Best regards.
BUCKSHOT

Don't Do It!

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Gary
I don't know exactly which post you are refering to, as I just got on the forum and yours was at the top!
Whatever the heck is going on, I hope you do not let it deter you from doing what you do! From what I have seen, you speak your mind honestly without offending anyone, that we know!
It is your right to do so and to take the side of whichever opinion you favor the most!
Please keep doing so!
Stay Aboard! :wink:
Enjoy the Harvest!
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Gary : Don't take it so personal !

What did you figure was going to happen ? The management here deleted two of the last trapping threads .... you start another .... I don't think it would have mattered who started the third trapping thread , it was on it's way out the minuet it got posted ..... I don't belive it was personal , but you gotta respect the right of the forum moderator and management ... after all it's their web site !

You and some other forum members had some good points but the thread was getting constantly derailed ... buy people trying to stirr things up !

Remember Excalibur is a buisness , this forum is a part of their buisness .... and how it appears to new viewers can reflect on their bussiness ( remember the Lebaron thread ? It got stoppped because it crossed the line ... )

I think the best point you made was the fact that we can all act as moderators and chose not to respond to a thread ... this will keep it from gaining momentum ....

Take care .... and don't take it so personal ....
Last edited by R.J. on Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

So this forum is only for crossbows, crossbow shooting, and crossbow hunting. Since when? I have seen half eaten bear victums, burt victums of the war on Iraq and hockey. Polictics and religion are on here all the time. They even had a guy on here looking for advise on how to fix his car! I don't blame Gary for taking it personally when all the other topics seemed fine and were not deleted. If there are a set of new rules to follow fine but how about a notice about a change in policy.
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

GaryL, it's the whole trapping thread was deleted. Nobody is suggesting you have done or said anything wrong. I have always enjoyed your posts/threads. I hope you will reconsider your postion and continue participating in this forum.

Your friendly disposition and wealth of information has always been an asset to this forum. :wink:
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

What constitutes an inappropriate topic? If we must talk only crossbows, crossbow shooting, and hunting with crossbows, than there should be many more topics deleted.

Some found certain threads should have been deleted, but were not too shy to respond to those very threads. It has been said before if you don't like it it do not respond.

Even the ones that are obviously started to ruffle our feathers can be beneficial. As we hear many different pros/cons from the other members we are educated.

That being said, name slinging and derogatory comments should be deleted.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Shakky / chris4570
: I beleive that all the posted threads were posted by regular forum members that shoot crossbows , target or hunting .... they debate , share info , keep track of each other , buy sell , swap all in the good nature of the forum .... I don't beleive these types of posts are negative to the forum ... and I can't speak for the moderator but I don't think they will get deleted .

But threads that brought as many negative responses as the trapping threads did .... did not bring anything of value to the forum .

Bottom line is if you can't respect the rules and decisions of the forum moderator and management then you shouldn't be posting on here , and their only recourse is to remove the thread ...

In the future , if the forum moderator or management decides a thread is not worthy and you want to keep debating it , then the best bet would be to comumicate thru PM's , personal e-mails , or better still get each others phone numbers and carry on from there ....

Now lets get back to the cool stuff , like hunting , equipment , and outdoor stories ! ... you got to admit ....seeing other forum members trail cam pictures .... recent additionals to their bow tackle .... up coming adventures like Alaska , Saskatchewan , Africa , Ontario black bear hunts to mention a few ... are way more interesting and bring a positive light or tone to this web page forum !

My $0.02
Last edited by R.J. on Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Quickshot

Post by Quickshot »

RJ, well said. I read a few posts on the trapping and found it had no value to it and was of zero intrest. Lets keep the posts fun and interesting, it will benefit us all. :D
enjoy the woods
Doug
wabi

Post by wabi »

Gary L.,
I'm not so sure I disagree with you. This has always been an open forum for outdoor discussion with only a few profane or indecent posts by trolls being deleted. Perhaps it is time to move on if the moderator is taking such a negative view of discussing non-crossbow subjects, or perhaps we should come here for crossbow issues only.
You might want to look at http://northernoutdoorsmen.ipbhost.com/index.php?
It's a new forum with many topics, and the moderator is having a slow time getting things going. I could ask him to create a crossbow area if there's interest, but I've been posting crossbow items in the bowhunting area, and nobody has taken offense........ after all, it is bowhunting!
wabi
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Well Said R.J.

Harry
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
terry-1

thread

Post by terry-1 »

I don't think the topic itself was bad it was just it got out of hand before and most people here got tried of seeing it. I don't see where you did anything wrong or should fell bad as no one can tell the furture on how topic turns out. Really no big deal happens all the time on other forums when A topic makes it's run and starts getting old or out of hand it is often closed down by the person in charge. I won't worry about it, it's really not a big deal not worth leaving the site anyway.
Ben S.

Post by Ben S. »

I have to say I agree with R.J. It's just a deleted post. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. If it would have been me I admit my pride would have been hurt a little, but I think if you take some time to think about it, you can understand why he deleted it. Come on Gary, you're part of the group that keeps me tuning in here every day. I know you're pissed right now but as the old saying goes...cooler minds will prevail. Hurry back!
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

wabi wrote: Perhaps it is time to move on if the moderator is taking such a negative view of discussing non-crossbow subjects, or perhaps we should come here for crossbow issues only.
I'm going to hang around a while to see if and what other posts get pulled. IMHO some off topic posts keep things interesting and entertaining, not to mention educational. Perhaps we should have the forum segregated into various things like "crossbow hunting", "classified ads", "other hunting", "photography", etc....that seems to work well on other forums.

I think the mod's time would be better focussed on policing non-registered individuals whose sole purpose is to come on here and create strife. IMHO we should have a "register or read-only" rule.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

wabi wrote :
Perhaps it is time to move on if the moderator is taking such a negative view of discussing non-crossbow subjects, or perhaps we should come here for crossbow issues only.
You might want to look at http://northernoutdoorsmen.ipbhost.com/index.php?
It's a new forum with many topics, and the moderator is having a slow time getting things going. I could ask him to create a crossbow area if there's interest, but I've been posting crossbow items in the bowhunting area, and nobody has taken offense........ after all, it is bowhunting!
Come on wabi .... you can't be serious ! ..... You , I , and many forum members have lot's of non crossbow pictures , game call advertisements , etc. posted and have never got any flack for them ??

Cut the moderator some slack .... you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that the trapping thread was getting out of hand !

If your promoting guy's jumping ship to another forum .... trust me , losing a few thin skinned guy's good or bad won't have any real affect on this forum .... I think the whole issue is getting blown out of porportion because one guy's feelings got hurt .... I mean what do you expect ! The trapping thread got pulled twice before ( if that wasn't hint enough that it wasn't welcome . I don't know what is ! ) .... " you poke the bear enough times , your bound to get a response ! "

You watch .... the seasons almost apon us .... things will pick up !

BTW : I'm going to practice what I preach and put this one to bed ! ZZZZZZZZ