IBEX SMF ---- sweet bow!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

IBEX SMF ---- sweet bow!

Post by amythntr »

I came out to the car yesterday around noon...And two other guys came for the afternoon...friends of the group I was hunting with... Both of them shoot the Ibex... Both have had them for a few years... Nary a problem...all stock deadly as can be... Hitting cigarette butts at 30yds....so I shouldered one.... I don't get it... It fit perfect... Weight was perfect....everything was perfect... OMG am I actually thinking of maybe picking up an Ibex?.... Can it be?...now, do they come with port and starboard lights for that wingspan? :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
GrassyKnoll

Re: IBEX SMF ---- sweet bow!

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Lol.... Fight the urge.... :wink:
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

amythntr wrote:I came out to the car yesterday around noon...And two other guys came for the afternoon...friends of the group I was hunting with... Both of them shoot the Ibex... Both have had them for a few years... Nary a problem...all stock deadly as can be... Hitting cigarette butts at 30yds....so I shouldered one.... I don't get it... It fit perfect... Weight was perfect....everything was perfect... OMG am I actually thinking of maybe picking up an Ibex?.... Can it be?...now, do they come with port and starboard lights for that wingspan? :lol:

Anthony :)
No, but you can take off on a really short runway! :lol:
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

I've been very content with my Exomax but the bows with shorter limbs are really tempting me!!
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
Buddyshort

Post by Buddyshort »

The older wide bows is why Excalibur is known for quality and dependability. They have been working for years without hardly any problems. They are heirlooms to be handed down for grandchildren to hunt with
Dale

Post by Dale »

I hear ya. Being new to this world of crossbows and deer hunting, I bought a used Exomax last September. Wasn't sure if I would like it or not. I've got the bug. The Matrix series of bows are catching my attention. They are easier to balance than the longer slightly heavier Exomax. The stands that I hunt from have more than enough room to use the Exomax. Hearing of some of the issues with the newer bows, I can take mine out with confidence every time and know that I will have no issues. Even my wife has encouraged me to purchase a newer bow,but I am really on the fence. I could easily upgrade mine with a flemmish string and a twilight dlx scope and have a kickass bow for much less money. However, even in it's stock form, it is still accurate, fast, powerfull and a joy to shoot. Now I see why so many of you have more than 1 bow.
Exomax
Easton 2219 bolts
150 grain Bolt cutters
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Anthony that are sweet Excals I found one for a friend of mine a couple years ago with the aluminum rail, I actually got to shoot and dial the scope in for him and it sure is a sweet shooter.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
wabi

Post by wabi »

For years those wide bows with mild velocity numbers were "state of the art" deer killing machines.

When I started hunting with a Vixen (the old all black, straight riser, mag-tip limb model) I was new to crossbows and had to make a lot of adjustments from my longbow/recurve hunting methods.

I was soon killing deer with regularity once I adjusted my methods to take full advantage of the Vixen's strengths, and minimize or overcome the weaknesses. (plant my butt in a stand or blind and let the deer come to me)

With the new faster and more compact models I can see where they have some advantages, but now that I've become accustomed to the methods I've learned with the older models I see no real need to be in a hurry to change.

I guess I may be old and "set in my ways", but it's still just as much fun to hunt as it ever was. (Just doesn't take as long to make me say, "I've had all the fun I can stand for one day".)
wabi
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

I'm in no hurry to replace mine.Yeah the limbs are wide but its light ,accurate and reliable.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.