Matrix Shooting Lubes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

donjose

Matrix Shooting Lubes

Post by donjose »

Ok after a late night and the help from you guys I went ahead and ordered a 380 Blackout. I have a few questions now, what string wax and lubes do you recommend ? Also are you guys just waxing the serving or the whole string as well?
And how many shots on waxing, and how about the lubing of the barrel ? I also ordered some Black Eagle Zombie 20 inch Crossbow arrows and will give them a try if they dont shoot well I will get them cut to 18 and add the heavier insert. Any other help would be great.

Thanks
Jason
Matrix 405 Mega " Widow Maker "
Hawke XB30 Pro
Black Eagle Zombie's
No One

Re: Matrix Shooting Lubes

Post by No One »

I bought all Excal lube, wax, and oil for the trigger. I wax the whole string. I wax string about every 20 to 30 shot or when string looks dry. I also rub the string in between shots to get the fuzzys to stay down. I lube the rail once a session because I rarely shoot 20 shots or more, mine are like 12 to 15 arrows a session. Because I get bored hitting the target every time.lol
Two drops of oil on trigger every 75 to 100 shots. On fasteners I use a 3 and 1 oil once when I got and only if gets wet after that. I have had mine since spring and gets babied alot.
Matrix 405 Mega ( Sledgehammer )
Black Eagle Executioners
125 gr Grim Reaper Razor Cut.
Drew

Post by Drew »

I have nothing but good things to say about Scorpion string wax and rail lube. I wax both string and serving lightly, and lube the rail when it appears dry. I never notice any build up with this product when used correctly.
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I wax my serving with Daltons wax about every 100 shots when I am done shooting for the day, then wipe it off the next time I get ready to shoot. I don't wax my string very often - 2 or 3 times a year or when it starts to look dry or fuzzy. I clean the rail with a synthetic lube (TSI 321) when I notice any wax build up or it starts to feel sticky, then dry it with a clean cloth. I don't use any other lube on the rail or arrows.

Ron.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
BryanGrizzlyohio

Post by BryanGrizzlyohio »

I use the limb savers brand it works well an serves its purpose..
Matrix grizzly
18" diablos
125gr grim reaper razor tip
Stock string an a purty sling
Twilight dlx optic