Forum Rules ??????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Should you have to register to reply to posts?

YES - anonynomus "guests" can create arguments designed to cause hard feelings.
90%
NO - anyone should be able to comment anonymously.
10%

Total votes: 71

Ontario Bow Hunter

Post by Ontario Bow Hunter »

Red Wrote:
Do us all a favour, and take it up privately.

Thanks,

Mike
I have no interest Mike, it's a waste of time because it's a lost cause with this guy. I thought people would be interested in getting to the root of the problem but if your not interested then all I can say is,... it is never going to end. People like this are always going to be a cancer in the forum. And people are going to continue to scrap over silly things. But if you think ignoring it will make it go away,.. good luck.

Woodsman wrote:
Gonhuntin and Ontario Bowhunter, were you guys just dating, lovers, or married ...or what? I'd hate to see you guys meet up in the woods.
Good one! I get it, I'm gay right! :roll: I like jokes too. Here's one,.. how many French men does it take to grease the underneath of your car??

Depends on how you hit'em,.. hahahaha :lol: . Ohhh, it's good we have thick skin, huh?
Really, didn't figure the sight of blood bothered ya Pete?

In reality, we could all probably sit around a campfire and say the same stuff we have said here and get a big laugh out of it!

I'm not laughing now and if we were sitting around a campfire I still wouldn't be laughing.

Face to face is much more entertaining than talking through a box!
The only thing we agree on.

Post by Guest »

Deleted due to the retardation of a certain member.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Carl from Vermont wrote:This "guest" if like a fgn tape worm.
First I have to say that there is another guest, which I want to welcome!
So you have to say "these" not "this".
He wrote:
Your right. Having said that you are a complete idiot. You think your a man sitting behind a computer mouthing off to people? Your a coward. You think your a tuff guy,.. well your not. Get a life looser!
Could have been from me! Welcome! :wink:
Either the forum needs to be de-wormed of IT, or I'm going to have to start dragging my as$ on the carpet like a dog, trying to get some relief from this parasite.
But take care that your wife's not watching... :lol:
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

that pdifast crap a few days ago that i experienced is why i took the time to register and here i am only slow now. philip
thanks philip
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I think this thread has become a good example of why it would be better not to delete a thread. The poll may possible to improve in wording so that it was more neutral, but the idea of a poll on this subject was a darned good idea, Wabi.

It has gone awry, not because of the topic, but because of individual posters. Individual posts that are abusive should be deleted, and a caution given to the offenders. If that doesn't work, they can be banned.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
BUCKSHOT

Good Stuff Wabi

Post by BUCKSHOT »

I have mixed emotions about this!
There are very many legitmate guest whom should be welcome. It's the bad apples who have spoiled the pot! It would be good if people had to register to post! This would cut out a ton of crap!
Let's just keep one thing in mind!
In this thread there are many registered members bashing each other!
I thought the idea would be to eliminate that kind of Stuff!
Maybe we should be mindfull of how we treat each other, after all, this is supposed to be a community of friends. Let's keep it that way amongst ourselves, and it would be much easier to judge the dissent of anonymity!
Thank-you for polling the question Wabi!
:idea: Let's stick to the question at hand!
Enjoy the Harvest!
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

OBH, I'm not french. I just think you two guys are getting a little comical in your rivalry. Kind of like a couple gone beserk. :lol: My intention was to let you know how silly this is becoming. Try to bury the hatchet or just let it go, so we can get back to some fun stuff. :wink:
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
boogap

Post by boogap »

See how easy it would be for an anti to agitate and cause division on this forum? Divide and conqer!!!!
I see the same pattern on lots of outdoor forums. :cry:
Tom

Post by Tom »

I have a few suggestions on this toppic.

Guests should have the right to ask questions on this forum. That is how we educate the uneducated. To make it difficult or a longer a longer process than necessary, they will more than likely just forget and walk away just as ignorant and then we missed or chance to improve someone's knowledge on crossows.

Maybe lettling a guest having their own their theads but not reply to other threads (not being able to flame throw) might be a comprmise but I still do not like it :( .

Another suggestion would be to give the author of the thread more power to the thread, with the moderator with the highest power. The author having the ability of LOCKING the thread if he/she feels the thread is degrading or getting way off toppic (with the author doing this, the moderator would not need to worry about the ego's of the site's members)

The trouble is with most of my suggestions, it would require changes to the forum program which would not be simple. Who knows, if we come up with enough simple good ideas that would improve this site for Excalibur and us, it might be done.

Unfortantly, but we must put up with a few unwanted pests to continue with one of the best forums on the internet. I also think that they are just trying to make Peter earn his money just like they did to Barb when she started. We should change your name Peter to Pitbull Peter
:D Go get um :wink:

Just my 2 cents
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Good post Tom and some good ideas.

I think per the votes on this poll that Excalibur Marketing Dude, Bill & Kathy T. can see the vote is PLEASE go to a POST only if you are REGISTERED style of forum.

Most forums are set up that way, as it helps keep unwanted post off the forum. Let guest’s read and view all they like, but make it a registered member only forum to post. This would not in no means keep it free of problem posts that are going to happen every now and then, but would make it easier to control.

I understand that this is also one of the things (guests can post) that sets the Excalibur forum as being different from others by letting all post, but times are changing for the forum and while at first this was good I believe it now needs to changed.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

Hey Guest.....just for future reference.......when you make a post calling someone a complete idiot, it might be more effective if you understood the difference between the words "your", which denotes ownership, and the word "you're", which is a contraction of the words you and are.........

In your post, the phrases "your right" , "your a man", "Your a coward" and "your a tuff guy" show your lack of intelligence...... :lol:

By the way.......looser is the opposite of tighter......... :D

One has to wonder......when a post calling someone "a complete idiot" is full of misspellings and improper use of common language.......just who the complete idiot really is??? :D
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!! And stop fighting already. If this is how you get your kicks go somewhere else.
Tman

Post by Tman »

Just wanted you guys to know that I believe that anyone should be allowed to post on this forum. My definition of "Anyone" is a person who takes a few minutes of their time to register as a member of this great forum.
Seems a small price to pay for good advice and even better fellowship. :D
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

4 more have registered, now 705 registered members. :D Thanks and a big WELCOME. 8)
1- terry-1
2- Mo Hunter
3- Five Spot
4- djr2918
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Fur & Feathers

Post by Fur & Feathers »

OK guys. How about thoughts on this. Guests often are new to crossbows. They often need a question answered to make a decision, or educate themselves. My feeling is guests should be able to post a new topic. If it is meant to incite, leave it alone. If it is a question, we should offer answers.
Do not allow a guest to reply to a post. This is where we get the back & forth bickering that can go on & on & on, (as we have seen recently). The replies seem to be the problem. This is a compromise that should get rid of guests wanting to argue. Just a thought.
Get out & Enjoy.