Finally Some Good Hunting Weather!! woo woo

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wildcatter

Finally Some Good Hunting Weather!! woo woo

Post by wildcatter »

Well finally going to get some good hunting temps, with some good wind to hunt my setups. We been pretty warm and been out a couple times but ain't been in the woods but 3 times, winds been bad but even if it had been right the Temps been so warm that every time I was sweating by the time I got to the stand.

So with 30's and 40' for lows and 50's and maybe 60 for highs, with a new moon,,, I'm kinda look'n to some seat time, and getting a better idea whats there. I don't ever get to exited this early. Plus the Saugeye been cooperating, with 4 1/2 to 2 1/2 pounders biting pretty good. But now finally I can hit the stand without needing a shower when I get their,,, and just maybe I'll get to bleed the Micro proper,,,,, :wink:

Good Luck everyone, this should be as good a week as we have had!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
vixenmaster

Re: Finally Some Good Hunting Weather!! woo woo

Post by vixenmaster »

Wish you the best, i haven't saw a deer in 6 days now. So i have the fidgits
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
deerskinner

Post by deerskinner »

I am with you on hunting when its hot ,it just don't feel like hunting weather,I will be heading to the woods Wednesday,Good luck to yall! Ron! :D
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Today was no surprise, with these cooler temps I thought we would get more action and I sure did. Had does runn'n around this morning on one setup but way off about 150 yards of me had 5 cross to the north had 3 go thru at about 8:00am and 20 min. later 2 more..

Then tonight I hit another stand, this one Is my No 1 stand this year. I have it on the only corn in 4 miles around me. I'm hope'n they leave it but at 6:30 had a doe come hard at me, but for some reason @ about 150 yards from hitting the funnel, she started cut'n the corner of the harvested wheat field heading downwind of me and wanting to cross the thick fencerow to the corn I was setup on????? Sure enough 55 yards out and no shot she hit my wind and changed her mind and away she went crossing the field and the road into the Beans East of me. Then about 5 or 10 minutes later another doe stepped into the field and headed for the wheat to,,, without winding me.

Then about 7:10, I see a coon 15 yards in front of me head into the corn and about 10 minutes later it sounds like he's tearing corn down in the 30 to 40 mph wind and after a couple minutes ,,, 20 yards right in front of me steps out a 1 1/2 old Buck, a small 8 pointer, maybe 100 inch deer. So I ran a little test session, give him a little grunt and sure enough stopped him, he looked all around and finally walked into the heavy tree and brushy fence row to my west,,, I waited about a minute and with my mouth made a couple soft grunts kinda loud,, and he stepped back out, this time about 50 yards out,,, was really trying to spot where the sounds were coming from, and when he would turn his head I would grunt again,,,, went on for about 3 or 4 minutes, and several times he looked right at me, 26 feet up east of him on the hard south blow. We made eye contact enough I know the new,,, second time out,, 3D ASAT suite and headgear was working great!!

But it's early the girls will be back, and hoping there will be one of the nicer bucks off the properties around me use the funnel to check for girls here in a couple weeks. I know there is a good one 2 mile north of me, and on the river he travels a lot. This week for sure is going to get em move'n, and tomorrow I am going to hit another section that has corn completely around it 100's of acres,, as long as their play'n I'm happy, just might stick one this week.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

With those monster Ohio bucks you have you don't want to take a small one! This weekend it should be great weather.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
munch

Post by munch »

good luck bob we have the same coming but i dont think ill have time this week again. this really sucks
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
fergie

Post by fergie »

we have a heavy frost warning for the morning but 10-15 mm of rain expected throughout the day. I'm going to wait until next week for my 5 day off stretch to get out.
matrix 380 blackout "Reaper", nchunterkw flemish string, triggertech single stage, matrix munch mount, Rhinehart Block, 18" zombie slayers c/o big john
fully dressed in drstirrup is the "reaper"
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I hit the same stand tonight and shoulda went to the one I was going to. That small 8 showed again, about 10 minutes after sundown,, then just about quitting time maybe 5 minutes left I seen a smaller 6 point another 1 1/2 old buck but still nothing I am shooting. No doe's tonight and that's what I want to draw blood on now. I will see what happens tomorrow, but at least they are moving,,, that's a good thing!! Good Luck to all hit.n the woods and stay safe!!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!