Game Cameras

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IroquoisArcher

Re: Game Cameras

Post by IroquoisArcher »

:lol: to at work.
Even if you decide homebrews aren't the route you want to go still I'd encourage you to join a forum (have better options that way) and see what they're capable of, view pictures, see the commercal cam section...and pick on me. For some unknown reason I'm the one everyone picks on!! :(
wabi

Post by wabi »

Been using the same Bushnell Trophy Camera for many years now. Not sure how long I've had it (my pictures on this computer only go back to 2009 and I had it then), but it still work fine.
Many years I get around 200 pictures a day (at my feeder) and it will go the whole season (4 months +) on one set of 8 Lithium AA batteries.
wabi
maple

Post by maple »

Everybody has an important opinion...........

My Bushnell trophy cam ($230) only takes pictures half of the time. I have hunted over it many times and have found it does not detect game well. Day or night. Tried all the sensitivity settings etc.

The cheap Tascos ($80) are garbage.

My Moultrie ($160) is still in gamma test phase and I can't understand what all those out of focus photos are from.

The most recent Spy Point ($99) is OK after 2 years of use.

Scouting and tracking are still important activities.
Don't look at the antlers!! And don't look him in the eye!!

2002 Exomag
Custom wood stock with a lot of notches in it
Big John arrows
Loving every minute of it.
The only thing better than a dog, is two dogs.

Maple
BD1

Post by BD1 »

Moultrie
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

Stay away from the SpyPoint BF-8.(Black Flash) Don't waste your money! Night time pictures are horrible. Anything over a few feet away at night, and forget it!
It may as well be called No Flash.
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Crazy Horse wrote:Stay away from the SpyPoint BF-8.(Black Flash) Don't waste your money! Night time pictures are horrible. Anything over a few feet away at night, and forget it!
It may as well be called No Flash.
Lol Will do Max. Thanks for the heads up.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
tracer

Post by tracer »

The SPYPOINT black flash is designed to reflect off a back ground object, there by illuminating your target object. ( ie. large tree behind deer ).
As Maple mentioned Spypoint work great and they take clear colour pics by day and clear night black and white pics and video. Great battery life. New 2015 models to choose from : IRON-9, IRON-10, FORCE-11, FORCE- 12 my favorite, SMART and SMART PRO. All cameras come with a free SD card, 2year warranty, free shipping.
We also offer a 120 day return policy. That's right, try the camera out for 3 or 4 months and if you are not happy with it, return it for a full refund.

whitetailscrossing.com
Authorized Dealer for SPYPOINT, SPARTAN, BADLANDS GEAR, KLYMIT, FENIX,
whitetailscrossing.com
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

tracer wrote:The SPYPOINT black flash is designed to reflect off a back ground object, there by illuminating your target object. ( ie. large tree behind deer ).
As Maple mentioned Spypoint work great and they take clear colour pics by day and clear night black and white pics and video. Great battery life. New 2015 models to choose from : IRON-9, IRON-10, FORCE-11, FORCE- 12 my favorite, SMART and SMART PRO. All cameras come with a free SD card, 2year warranty, free shipping.
We also offer a 120 day return policy. That's right, try the camera out for 3 or 4 months and if you are not happy with it, return it for a full refund.

whitetailscrossing.com
Not to try to pick an argument with you, but all you can see on the night pictures is BLACK. I had it set up on my driveway as a security camera with a tree right across from it. The ONLY night pics that half way turned out was when my big yella cur came within a few feet of the camera and then it was hard to make out. Daytime it takes beautiful pictures. Maybe I got a bad one. The way I see it, I wasted my money.
tracer

Post by tracer »

No problem and I appreciate your comments. It's just when a negative review on a product is conveyed, the readers tend to take it as a reflection of the manufacturer's entire product line. I do realize this was not your intension.
May I ask where and when did you purchase the camera, have you contacted SPYPOINT Hi-tech ?
Did you do a firmware update from SPYPOINT ?
Could you post up a sample night pic ?
Thanks,
Steve
whitetailscrossing.com
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

I did not mean to bash the SpyPoint brand at all. There are too many good reviews out there. This particular model BF-8 is the only SpyPoint that I have had any dealings with. Time gets away from me, I'm guessing I've had it a couple of years or so. As my luck would have it, I cleared off all of my SD cards Friday. I am going to take it to the woods as soon as this rain lets up. If you could PM me your email, I will send you some night pics when I get some. Or I can post them here. I have not tried to contact anyone with SpyPoint, I figured that "it is what it is". I bought the camera from one of the online sporting goods stores (Natches Supply maybe?) I am ashamed to say that I have bought so much stuff online, I can't recall off the top of my head where it came from. I was unaware of any firmware updates. If by some reason there is operator error, I will stand up and say that I was wrong. Thank you for taking the time to try and help resolve this issue. It changes my attitude in a positive way.
tracer

Post by tracer »

PM sent.

The Big 1, didn't mean to high jack your thread.
There are a lot of very good cameras on the market and it's just like anything else that is manufactured, some products, cameras from every company out there, are going to have issues. It's up to the manufacturer to try to resolve the problem with the camera or replace it with a new one.
whitetailscrossing.com
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

tracer wrote:PM sent.

The Big 1, didn't mean to high jack your thread.
There are a lot of very good cameras on the market and it's just like anything else that is manufactured, some products, cameras from every company out there, are going to have issues. It's up to the manufacturer to try to resolve the problem with the camera or replace it with a new one.
No problem whatsoever Tracer. This is the type of stuff that we need to talk about.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

I looked at Steve's web site and he has got some good prices and free shipping to Canada and US. Since he has been so helpful with my BF8 issue, I am going to buy the Iron 9 from him.

I am hoping that when I take the BF8 to the woods, I can get a more dense background. Hopefully the black flash will work better.

Hey Big, the same goes for me about the high jacking!
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Crazy Horse wrote:
Hey Big, the same goes for me about the high jacking!
It's cool fellas, I need to hear this stuff for my search.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
Turkey slayer

Post by Turkey slayer »

I've owend about every camera you could buy off the shelf an so far bushnell is by far the best camera I've had, long battery life great pics an videos . I'm wanting to try covert cameras an spy point an see how they do. Worst camera imo is wild game cameras also owned a cuddeback an it didn't last but two months .bushnell all the way lol!!!