Pre Rut action

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Buszone

Pre Rut action

Post by Buszone »

THOR was out hanging in his tree the last 2 nights and mornings and he is finally seeing some daylight buck movement. This morning watched a small 4 point rip down the dripper and piss on the mock scrape. Checked the camera this morning and our big bucks are still not on camera before 10pm .
Anyone else starting see the lull coming to an end :?:
335 Micro "THOR" as in "Thorin Oakenshield"
RamCat 125gr. AKA Battle Axe
NChunterKW Flemish String
15.5" Excalibur Dan Zombies
When it Flies something dies !
BrotherRon

Re: Pre Rut action

Post by BrotherRon »

The smaller bucks have finally started showing up here, but the bigger ones are not showing up yet. My wife and dog will have to take care of each other for a couple weeks when I go to my happy place very soon. :mrgreen:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Buszone wrote:THOR was out hanging in his tree the last 2 nights and mornings and he is finally seeing some daylight buck movement. This morning watched a small 4 point rip down the dripper and piss on the mock scrape. Checked the camera this morning and our big bucks are still not on camera before 10pm .
Anyone else starting see the lull coming to an end :?:
Well the full moon is on the 27th so the rut itself should begin to pick up around the 23rd. it's getting close!!!
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I have a large 3D buck target which I leave out year round... The Blacktail bucks attack it every year during the rut :lol: Yesterday I went out and noticed his head with the rack still attached is on the ground.... Many years it's hit so hard its almost knocked over and I have to look some to find the horns.

It's not full blown yet but I think it may be just around the corner. :wink:

I think the weird weather this year may be getting things started earlier this year.. I do know the Elk went into the rut about 2 weeks early this year which hit archery Elk season really well. :D

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Red_label-jr

Post by Red_label-jr »

I had a small buck not sure what, at an active rub Friday morning at about 7 on Friday 40 yards from one of my blinds I could hear him at it for a few seconds and man did he stink!