broadhead for micro

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

donald_5d

broadhead for micro

Post by donald_5d »

what is the widest fixed broadhead which can be used on a micro without danger of it striking the stirrup when firing? and if one uses a wide broadhead, how would you set it so it does not hit the riser, the inserts in my bolts are glued in so they cant be adjusted change the broadheads position. I was considering trying the new black hornet broadheads. thanks.
Buszone

Re: broadhead for micro

Post by Buszone »

Donald, I can only tell you what I use on my Micro "THOR" I use RamCat 100 gr. 1 3/8" wide also I have shot the 125gr. which is 1 1/2" no issues with clearance . I spin em so one blade is up. BIG holes in and out! and out to 40yds flies like my field tips or at least so close I cannot tell the difference
335 Micro "THOR" as in "Thorin Oakenshield"
RamCat 125gr. AKA Battle Axe
NChunterKW Flemish String
15.5" Excalibur Dan Zombies
When it Flies something dies !
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I've just started using the 100 gr Carbon Express XT 4 blade, and after three deer I've killed with them so far, they have performed great.
Pistol Pete

Post by Pistol Pete »

I'm new to bow hunting, but I use 125 gr Rage Extreme broad heads with my micro 335. Unbelievable damage on the 9pt I shot last week. Ran 50 feet.
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

If you haven't already, check out GrassyKnoll's thread about breaking in the Micro. He is using the Black Hornet with very impressive results. If (and possibly when) I get a Micro, I would definitely give them a try.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Because someone asked about vane clearance I broke out my micrometer and measured it. There is roughly .67 inches of clearance between the arrow shaft and the stirrup on my Micro. The arrow should be roughly .344 inches in diameter. So if your broadhead was perfectly centered, then the largest sized fixed 2-blade head you could shoot with the blades in the vertical position is 2 inches. There is 1.014 inches of clearance from the center of the arrow.

For those shooting heads with greater than 2" cut, you'll know right away if it opened early. That doesn't mean that larger cuts are not shootable, you would just have to take into account the orientation of the blades. As long as the blades are aligned horizontally, the sky is the limit.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol: